Tikka T3 vs Sako action

Vledermauss

Hi Gents (and ladies)

I have the chance to get an unused Sako 30-06 action (have not seen it no not sure re the model and spec). The gunsmith (which I know) said it is brand new, unused and as smooth as butter.

I have a few general questions if anyone could guide me please, I did do a search but no luck.

1. The owner said it is a medium length action and by that I presume it is the same as other makes' long action, ie Howa M1500 short and long action and not a something inbetween an long and a short action? I think the Sako long actions are their magnum actions but need to check.

2. I am interested in using the Roedale RCSII (AICS) stock with this and see they make a Tikka T3 long action model, would this Sako action fit the stock or fit with minor mods? Not sure how similar the actions are which I guess the real question is.

3. The intention is for a 284 win build (I already have a custom one on a K98 action but want a more precision rifle based on a better action and different stock). I assume the Sako 30-06 action would be perfect for this re the bolt face, length etc?

thanks for any replies,

regards

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.