Tikka T3 verses Rem 700 Action

NZVarminter

OK I know the Rem 700 action is favored as the factory action to build a custom rig on, but is it the best option?. Sure there are plenty of after market parts, all stocks are inletted for it etc

But its a little different over here in New Zealand as I'm not aware of any gunsmiths who for the bolt sleeving on Remington's, so when they talk about "accurizing" them,they just mean true up the bolt face. Doubt they recut the threads, or any of the other precision stuff that a lot of the US gunsmiths do.

But I dont think any of this extra work is necessary on the Tikka Actions, they come out pretty true and dotn need much work on them to start with. I understand they are a stiff action due to the small port cutout etc.

So, if you put it alongside a tikka T3 action, how does it stack up for accuracy potential?

They are lower priced to start with, 1 lb lighter to start with, so what are there bad points?

Cheers

Grant

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts