Tikka T3 Super Varmint "Magnum"

Topshot

Anyone tried a Tikka T3 Super Varmint model in one of the magnum chamberings? Looks like they come set up with Picatinny rail and adjustable stock as standard.

I see they come in 270WSM,300WSM, 7mm RM, 300WM, and 338WM, might make a good low price long range rifle?

Great question topshot,

I have been thinking the same thing. On thing that concerns me is the magazine length. from the pics it looks like it might be a bit short to take some of those nice long VLD bullets like bergers or SMK's. I spoke to a bloke who reckons that the standard t3 rifle shoots 3 hole clover leaf groups at 100 yards in 300 WM with factory ammo so it stands to reason that the Varmint would shoot better.

I would be good to hear from som t3 Varmint owners.

Danny

i own a T3 Super Varmint in .300 WSM for a year after selling my T3 Tactical in .308. I was totally surprised to take the tactical out of the box and produce fantastic groups of 3 cm at a distance of 300 meters! ( in combination with a S&B PM II 3-12x50) Wildboar hunting forced me to switch to .300 WSM in accordance to get more energy into target. It´s all the same with the Super Varmint! An exact Trigger, good stock and the Picatinnyrail makes it my favourite Workingtool for everyday use. My load: 69 grain Alliant Reloder 22, 180 grain Nosler Accubond.

Just because it's listed on their website, doesn't mean you can get one here in the US. Unless you want to go through the trouble of importing a single rifle through a dealer and paying the additoinal fees.

Recent Posts