Tikka t3 super lite. Where can I find it?

tdluke90

I live in ft lauderdale fl and am trying to find a tikka t3 lite with the fluted barrel that weighs 5.8 lbs. Some people call them the super lite but I can't find it on the tikka website. On the tikka website they only have the hunter with a fluted barrel. I heard they were a special for cabelas and sportsmans warehouse but I can't find them on their website. I've been reading on threads where people bought them but I can't find one listed for sale that says it weighs 5.8 lbs. I would prefer stainless with camo or black in a 30-06 round. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Yeah, Cabela's does sell the camo/stainless fluted Superlite, and in .30-06; I've actually handled one (a .22-250) at a store. You kind of have to sort through Cabela's (full) website; click "shooting" then "centerfire rifles". Not available online.
Be very careful if your local Cabela's doesn't have the rifle in their store. I just went through an unpleasant experience that could have gotten my butt in trouble due to a misunderstanding between different Cabela's stores and their salespeople regarding shipping guns between stores. This is what I found (for now) is their official policy: 1.They will ship a gun from another if it's not in stock where you are; it shouldn't take more than a few days. Don't let an aggressive or ignorant salesperson try to tell you otherwise. 2. You can usually - now that the worst of panic buying has subsided for now - buy a gun at any Cabela's that has what you want over the phone (Fed background check and credit card number, of course), and have it shipped to your local store for a minimum charge (I paid $20.) 3. Get anything you can in writing. This is a big outfit and they can get their wires crossed, whether well-meant or through incompetence.
Also, fwiw: My area Cabela's flyers (Wheeling, Charleston WV and Cols., OH) are showing the Superlite on sale $100 off through Dec. 4th!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.