Tikka T3 / Remm. 700VS

I am looking at buying a heavy barreled varmint style gun and have narrowed it down to two choices. The new remington 700 vsf(2005 spring remington site) or the tikka t3 stainless. Over time I will be customizing the gun so take that into consideration when I ask "which one would be the best choice?" I like the 700 because it is made in the good ol' USA. Thanks

In God I Trust!

Does the tikka have any type of beding done to the stock? I've been looking but I can't find any information stating weither or not it is beded. Information would be greatly appreciated. I'm starting to lean towards the tikka t3 because from reading info from this site it seems to be a better quality gun out of the box. Also, they don't leave the factory without shooting a 1 moa 5 shot group or better. Thats quality if the ever was quality.

In God I Trust!

I also have a Tikka T3 Lite in .223 I have no complaints it is very accurate the trigger is quite good nice and crisp and it is very nice to carry. I guess if I had to complain about something the clips are terribly expensive for a piece of plastic and the stock although very nice to hold and quite durable is uglier than S__t..

I'm considering a Tikka T3 for a carry, woods hunt, river drifting gun also in 7-08

Mike in NC, Sakofan drop me an email and let me know what parts of the carolina's yall are in.
Later

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.