Tikka T3 Problems - Please Help

How many rounds have you put through them? I had a rem 700 223 that didn't shoot at all until I had 280 rounds through it, and before it shoot I had to go get the barrel very very hot. Now it shoots very consistant. Get some cheep factory loads and go burn through 200 rounds and then see how it shoots.

I have a T3 Deluxe and went through pretty much the same process. Saw a posting on another board that 60g VMax with Benchmark worked. I tried it and the rifle is now shooting .5-.6 5-shot groups.

I'm sure I could get it to shoot with longer bullets set out into the rifling, but I didn't want a single-shot hunting rifle. Too bad nobody makes aftermarket mags for these rifles that allow a longer OAL.

tikka tacticals with 1/8 twist love heavier heads my own rifle shoots 1/4" groups all the time if i am in good form try sierra or berger 77grain HPBT over 22.5 grn vv N140 aol2.260/2.255 hope this gets there before you make youre mind up to sell they are a great rifle hang in there stephen

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.