Tikka T3 gunsmith

emmagator

Having trouble finding a gunsmith that knows and works on the Tikka T3s. I am going to be recieving a hart barrel and was going to have Hart do the rebarreling, but they said they dont work on Tikkas. Anybody have a good Tikka T3 gunsmith they can reccomend to do work on my rifle?

i dont know of anyone who has done work on them most people wont because i think the reciever has metric threads. however I bet my gunsmith will do it. He is good so shoot me a pm if you want his number

I've done some work on the Tikka's before. The action thread is metric, it's a M18 x 1. It's the same thread as Sako TRG. It's not a big deal for me to cut metric threads on my lathe, takes some switching of gears and a little knowledge of cutting metric threads but it's pretty straight forward. Let me know if you'd like me to barrel this up for you.

a place called MT Guns does tons of work on tikkas. you also have the option of a manners stock in the t3 or a mcmillian stock in the m595. MT guns has a website and there prices are reasonable. just do a google search for them.

a place called MT Guns does tons of work on tikkas. you also have the option of a manners stock in the t3 or a mcmillian stock in the m595. MT guns has a website and there prices are reasonable. just do a google search for them.

I talked to mt guns and he stated if he had the choice he wouldnt want to work on my Tikka T3. I said ok and left it at that, now im looking elsewhere. By the way he is a great guy just preferred not to rebarrel and restock my tikk t3 i guess.

Kevin Cram has done work for a number of forum members here. Look up Montour County Rifle threads in a search to learn more...does great work. Work he did for me was top notch.

Matt Roth

It is very common to smith the T3 in Europe.. I like the T3 action and they shoot better than most and I suppose there isnt much demand to improve the factory rifle. Most T3's I have owned and own shoot a clover leaf group! I suppose that is why not many demand a gun smith.

That Ernie the gunsmith varmint spring also helps a bit.

The recoil lug would need to be changed to a remington style as that unique barrel stock lug system would be hard to replicate and get just right. This is what they do I believe ? Dont worry I have thought about building one too!

Maybe the action is inherently accurate as its top is enclosed reducing flex on firing. well thats my theory.
I dont know but if I had to put money on an under 1,000 rifle I'd take the T3 any time for out of the box performance!

Roedale precision in Germany may be able to help advise or guide you in the right direction. Supplying the recoil lug would help!

well i talked to jerry at benchmark barrels and he said he would work on them and i have heard he does good work. i heard he does such good work that i sent him my sako 75 last week to have him rebarrel it to 280 ackley. he said he would rebarrel my m595 so you should call and ask him.

Accuflite.com in Export, PA exclusively sells Sako/Tikka products and they are good smiths. You may want to contact them.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts