tikka t3 bolt

cohunt

anyone know if a complete bolt assy (std 308/30-06 face) can be bought for a tikka t3? I saw them on brownells for like $365 (outrageous for just a bolt)

reason I ask is I found a killer deal on a t3 with no bolt---thought it might make for a good "base" for a 208ai custom build if I could find a bolt for cheap--but at $365 plus the price of the rifle I would be better off buying a complete rifle

anyone know if a complete bolt assy (std 308/30-06 face) can be bought for a tikka t3? I saw them on brownells for like $365 (outrageous for just a bolt)

reason I ask is I found a killer deal on a t3 with no bolt---thought it might make for a good "base" for a 208ai custom build if I could find a bolt for cheap--but at $365 plus the price of the rifle I would be better off buying a complete rifle
They make a great short action build but I think they are pretty short for an a.i.
We've built the SS on them with great results.

OK, I also found another company that I can get a bbl with 1 of multiple chambers in including the 7 wsm, 7 rsaum, 7-300wsm, or 7 ss with your reamer rental etc but I would need the magnum bolt face then

maybe its not such a great idea

Ya, a Tikka with no bolt would have to be pretty cheap to be a "good deal". You can find used rifles under $500 for a donor action.

Ya, a Tikka with no bolt would have to be pretty cheap to be a "good deal". You can find used rifles under $500 for a donor action.
I never figured they would sell the bolt for $365, that's crazy when you can buy a complete new rifle for around $500, used for around $400+
the "good deal" was $125, but unless I can find a bolt for in the $250 or less it wouldn't really make sense

Probably why the "good deal" on the bolt-less rifle. Do you know why the bolt is missing?
I agree... Quite an odd thing to sell. I'm always leary of someone selling guns with major parts missing like that. Never know if it was stolen, or not, and the original owner had kept the bolt stored separately. Not saying that's what happened, but my mind always goes to possible worst-case scenario.

I agree... Quite an odd thing to sell. I'm always leary of someone selling guns with major parts missing like that. Never know if it was stolen, or not, and the original owner had kept the bolt stored separately. Not saying that's what happened, but my mind always goes to possible worst-case scenario.
Reputable website, doubt its stolen--- Google "lost rifle bolt" and you'll see just how "inattentive" some people are while in the field
I found one at my shooting club range one time, turned it Into the clubhouse lost n found, you should have seen all the gun parts and magazines (even chronographs and a kestrel in there) in the lost n found

I've "heard" of a person losing tikka bolts when the bolt stops broke. It's the internet, so it's worth nothing but I have seen quite a few tikkas for sale with lost bolts.

Reputable website, doubt its stolen--- Google "lost rifle bolt" and you'll see just how "inattentive" some people are while in the field
I found one at my shooting club range one time, turned it Into the clubhouse lost n found, you should have seen all the gun parts and magazines (even chronographs and a kestrel in there) in the lost n found

I get lost and found emails from my gun club. Crazy how people can forget their handguns at the range!!

I've heard reports of Tikka bolts breaking at the dovetail, was was wondering if that was the case with this one.

Suppose it could have been one of many different reasons, but doesn't sound economical to replace one

I have a r700 that the bolt catch sticks (easy to remedy by lifting it) and the bolt can come out when cycled, never lost it though---maybe I should tie a shoe string to it next time I go hunting? (Jk)

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.