Tikka t3 as donor action

tikkat3270wsm

Well I got the Tikka 270wsm shooting as good as it can at 400(sub 2inch). so I am thinking of re-barreling it to 300wsm to get more B.C. and good 400+ . Yeah sub 2incn is pretty darn good for a factory gun , but being Pennsylvania Dutch makes me hard headed and never satisfied with good enough. In an earlier post I talked about re-barreling to just a better barrel and keeping it 270,but after checking out all the posts and doing a a** pot load of research (talking with my friend the smith and him telling me I just might be able to get a barrel from his brother and law who is starting a new manufacturing biz) and he is willing to build me a stock,I think why not switch calibers. Any thoughts? suggestions? help?
Thanks in advance
Craiggun)

Heres where I am starting fromgun)

Attachments

• HPIM1895.JPG
    HPIM1895.JPG
    192.6 KB · Views: 101
The Matrix bullets have been the hands down most accurate bullet I've shot from a 270, not that they will for everyone but man, a BC of .650+ is excellent!!!

Thank you guys for the heads up about matrix BULLETS. I will be ordering 200 of the 175'sin the near future. then I get to start working up a load that hopefully shoots them.
thanks again,
Craiggun)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.