Tikka T3 .270WSM

theicon2u

I have been reading alot of helpful info from alot a good people on here, this is my first post. I have a sweet shooting .270 WSM. I want to make it better. I have a Leopold 4.5-14x40 varmint reticle on it with the factory scope rings. I would like to get rid of that scope for a Night Force 5.5-22x56 with the NP-R1 reticle, but not sure if the funds are there. If I keep the Leopold do you think the factory Tikka scope rings are ok or get new one piece ones and why? I have the trigger set @2lbs but it still feels stiff. Would the varmint spring help getting a softer pull? Would it improve anything? I would like to shoot very well out to 600 yards with this gun.

Thanks for any help you guys can give me!!

I would let it the way it is and learn how to use it. If the Leupy has target turrets, you really have an excellent starting setup. If does not have the target turrets, then I would contact Leupold and order some.

Tank

It does not have turrets. It just has the bullet drop marks in the cross hairs

Sounds like I have the same scope. I just sent it off to Leupold for some target knobs and mechanical adjusting parts. $ 120.00 round trip. Factory warranty.
If you're interested, call Leupold first to establish a customer number and a work order.
Good shooting :)

Get rid of the factory tikka rings, they are made out of aluminum and will strip out eventually. Warn makes a great set of rings for the tikka out of steel, it is a two piece set put they have a slot in it to keep it from moving.

Well I am very happy with my results! I took your advice and got some dead nutz rings and got the varmint spring for my trigger and hit the range this morning. Although not the best day because of the wind 15mph wind out of my 3:30 to 4 oclock with gust up to 25mph. Temp was 33 degrees F. Boy did it feel cold on the skin. I was still able to shoot .5 MOA at 100 yards and my zero of 300 yards was .5 MOA also! Boy does this gun shoot. Love the trigger and those scope mounts are nice. I never bore sighted it just stuck in on leveled it and shot perfect height just 3 MOA to the right @ 100 yards! Thats sweet! gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.