tikka t3 270 OAL

tikka270win

I recently bought a tikka t3 270 and am planning on reloading 130 grain accubond bullets, and am probably going to use H4350. Has anyone tried accubonds in the t3 270 and found a good distance off the lands? Also, I have loaded 110 vmaxes for it and never got it to shoot that well, im thinking maybe OAL was part of my problem?

The 270 no,but the 7 Rem Mag yes. I work to the magazine length in my big game rifles. So far with the Tikka it has worked out well. I haven't found a bullet that has been too far into the lands yet @ this O.A.L. Accuracy so far has been great with 140s,150s, and 160s. If I was inclined to drop them in one at a time as opposed to using the magazine,I may do a little better,but I can't complain about .5 MOA in a big game rifle.

54.5 grains of H4350, 0.060 jump to the lands, barns ttsx are lights out in my tikka 270. I played around with accubonds but aborted that experiment when I saw the groups were not even close to the barnes groups.

Tikka......good action/trigger/barrel....yes

Throat...long..yes

Load your 270 to full length of the factory magazine and shoot......

Thanks for the replies. The Barnes bullets seem to get really good reviews from people who have tried them, any downfalls to them compared to the accubonds?

Thanks for the replies. The Barnes bullets seem to get really good reviews from people who have tried them, any downfalls to them compared to the accubonds?

The only thing I can think of is they might be a touch more expensive. I remember reading that the early barnes bullets fouled the barrel excessively, but the new design with the grooves has helped with that. I like the fact that they are accurate and retain almost all of their weight after impact.

I made a dummy cartridge last night using a 130 grain Nosler Ballistic tip beacuase that's what i decided on. The OAL to the tip turned out to be 3.335 as i seated the bullet to clip length. According to my hornady OAL gauge using a bullet comparator this is about .1 off the lands. Does this seem way off?

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.