Tikka T3 223 1-8 load data Sierra TMK 77 grain

KiwiIan

Hi all, I've recently purchased some Sierra 77 TMK's to run in my suppressed T3. I'd like to learn what loads work for you guys.
Cheers KiwiIan

Imo other peoples load data on any cartridge or rifle wont help you as even every rifle is different.
I don't know why people continually ask these questions!

There are no shortcuts, just put in the yards yourself!

Choose a suitable powder & just do it!

Kind of funny seeing an Aussie bust the chops of a Kiwi (assuming kiwi refers to being a New Zealander)

Here's my favorite 77TMK load. Probably not much use to you since you won't have the freebore to reach my COAL.
20190929_013913.jpg

Last edited:
Not busting up anyone in particular just making a point!

And you seem to agree by your last comment :D

I was trying to be nicer about it, but yes I agree that what works well in one gun does not always work well in another. I often ask what others are using when starting on a new cartridge though. If a particular powder/bullet has proven ineffective to several others I'll avoid those components.

Im a relatively new reloader with only 15 years of experience compared to othern on here that would have 2 times that but I see this question so often on this & other forums that I take the same option with all that everyone asking the question is after the 'magic pill' solution!

Kiwi, My Tikka likes 24-25 gr of Varget or RL15 with the Nosler 77 gr CC bullet. P dogs at 300 accurate.

touché :(

Still I standby my statement that no body else's load data matters!!
Of course it's not going to work in every rifle but it can help you find a general area that seems to work for many. Similar to the 73-77gn h1000 and Berger 215 in a 300wm. Always nice to have a target window.

Im a relatively new reloader with only 15 years of experience compared to othern on here that would have 2 times that but I see this question so often on this & other forums that I take the same option with all that everyone asking the question is after the 'magic pill' solution!

I wonder why you have all those reloading books in your reloading area?

Just the information I was looking for, thanks guys.
Powders, bullets, brass and primers. That's what these forums are about. Sharing what's worked with others who are seeking similar results.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.