Tikka T-3, Remington 700, or a savage in a 300 win.?

Tikka t3 lite stainless would be my vote. I've had one in 300 wsm for about 5 years, great accuracy, 1/2 moa with my hand loads and very lightweight! Downside is ot seems a bit harder to find new barrels for them but if its to be used as a typical hunting rifle in 300 mag you'll have plenty of life. That being said I love my savages, I have a 110 in .270 that I inherited from my grandfather which shoots well and I have one of the new model 12lrp and it shoots very well for a factory rig as well but weighs a ton more than the tikka.

I vote Savage on feel, performance, and the fact that you can customize it yourself if you wish. I'll admit I don't own a Tikka or have ever shot one, but more than a few at gunshops wear my drool just for the new and exotic oooohs and aaaahs. That said, Tikkas feel cheap to me. I don't like nor have liked any Tikka I've held and worked the action on. A guy had a Steyer at the range the other day, in 260 Rem if I remember correctly, and I didn't like it either. Give me Savage 112 short of a full blown custom and I'm set. Savage, ftw.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.