• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Tikka Stock Question

Nevrsummr

Looking to buy an aftermarket stock for a tikka. This is my first tikka so i am learning.

Is there a stock available that has BDL compatibility?

Everything i have seen is either Aics DBM or Tikka DBM. I prefer hinged floor plate. BDL.

thanks in advance.

J

Unless you'd like to hold more than 3 cartridges in a clip without a long clip extended out the bottom. Howa 1500 holds 5 22-250 in bdl. Tikka holds 3 in dbm.

If higher round count is what you're after, go to aftermarket AICS mags. They have LA options now that get you 3.5-3.6" COAL and SA is not an issue.

honestly, I've never considered 4 rounds (1 in chamber) a hindrance for hunting.

Or, is is a problem waiting for a solution - how is your machining skill :)

The 22-250 is mainly for wolf/coyotes. I wouldnt mind having a few extra rounds available. I dont like packing rifles with extended mags. Otherwise i would have gone for an ar15 setup. And yes. There is a reason i am seeing if theres any solutions already out there. ;)

Im not familiar with aics mags but find it hard to believe that with all the bottom metal options to convert to aics there isnt a bdl setup that would also fit. No, not in a factory stock, but in a McMillan,manners,iota, theres plenty of room.

Thanks for the comments guys.

I think it's a feed rail issue. The T3 would essentially be a AW cut action so nothing for a follower or cartridges to stop against. With either tikka mags or AICS mags the magazine lips are the feed rails. You might be able to mill the radius off on a Tikka and make it work but I have never seen it done. At least that's how I see it when I look at a Tikka action but I'm not a smith.

Recent Posts