tikka m695 bolt release replacement or spare??

RckyMtnRutt

Well today is a very sad day for me. I broke my bolt release on my tikka m695 and well I cannot find one and it seems like they might be discontinued. If anyone knows someone who has one or where to get one please let me know. I just talked to a manufacturer who said all these models should have the same bolt release/stop. Tikka 558, 590, 595, 658 and 690.

Long story short i got on an elk way up in the mountains and on the second shot my gun jammed. I had already hit the elk but he was running away. So all i could think was mortar the gun to try and get the shell out so I could get another shot. After i composed myself real fast i grabbed my knife and tried to get the shell out which i finally did. At that point the bolt fell to the ground as well. I hurried and searched back and fourth but realized finding it in the sage and rocks was a waste of time. I hurried and put another shell in and chased after the elk killing it a couple minutes later. Super bummed because this is my favorite hunting rifle and have been shooting it since i was 14. If anyone has a spare or suggestions on what to do I am all ears.