Tikka Lite or Kimber Montana

zoso

Hey Guys & Gals

I have been searching a great 308 for hunting whitetails in the hills of Va and narrowed it down to a tikka lite which can be had for ~$615 at the LGS. with a leupold V3 2.5-8 X 40 I was fiquring on adding another $350-400 to it and have a lite weight 300-500yard rig for ~$1k.
Then i went to another LGS and fondled a Kimber Montana , it is definatley a better handling rifle, but with the scope it was ~$600 more than what was intended and i couldnt justify the $ difference for the same dead deer.
But as my luck would have it....I found a very gently used Montana w/the VX3 already mounted for only $250 more than I would have spent on the Tikka rig.
I have been reassured this is not one of those cursed montanas , the rounds cycle and is reported to deliver < MOA w/ hand loads.

I am needing a little third party help in justifying the $250 difference is a good deal.
Can ya help a guy out? should i or shouldnt i ?

thanx n advance

zoso

Well i was able to find a laminated T3 w/ scope & bag for $400 less than the montana. Felt like i got a good deal and the $$$ difference from the montana was enough to bring it home.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.