Tikka Hunter Stainless Steel

I just went to the store and brought a Kimber :) I'll move the scope over next weekend.. and try the Kimber. If Beretta honors their warranty fine, if not, .. it goes on GB. I hate dealing with this stuff. I brought the Tikka MOA warranty for a reason. Mount a scope & Boxed ammo, and range time. Not dealing with junk out of a box.
$28 range pass, $50 box of ammo. 1 hr drive each direction to the range. I can't be doing that every adjustment to the Tikka.
I'm glad I don't give up that easy or I wouldn't have as good a rifle as I have if you think every gun comes with a free pass on getting them to shoot you are in the wrong sport and better buy a checker board. David

You could do ALL, the work "necessary", ONE time, in about,.. an Hour and, a half !
NO need, to go back and forth to Range after, checking,. ONE,.. "item" !
I have only heard of, ONE Tikka that, was sent in, to the Tikka Factory for their, 1 MOA guarantee and,.. Failed !
I am, a retired Gun Smith, I read, a LOT of Posts on Here and on Accurate Shooter about Tikka's, ONE Rifle, actually, failed !
Heard it was missing a couple of inches of Rifling, near the muzzle and they apologized, profusely ( said that, they couldn't believe that, it had slipped thru, their, QC ! ) and sent him a New Rifle, I heard.
UNLESS you KNOW that, you have, either, a BAD Chamber or, a bad Barrel, I wouldn't waste, more,.. Time / Money !
Very, FEW, Tikka's,.. Fail !

I had a similar problem with my tikka T3X stainless hunter in 7mm. I took the barrel/action out and the recoil lug was rattling around in the stock. I glass bedded the whole action and recoil lug. Seems to shoot good now but I only shot 25ish 175g fusions out of it before my sig scope broke. Thankfully sig was very understanding and it's on its way back to get fixed/replaced.

I had a similar problem with my tikka T3X stainless hunter in 7mm. I took the barrel/action out and the recoil lug was rattling around in the stock. I glass bedded the whole action and recoil lug. Seems to shoot good now but I only shot 25ish 175g fusions out of it before my sig scope broke. Thankfully sig was very understanding and it's on its way back to get fixed/replaced.

Take a proven scope off of another gun and install it on the Tikka, if it still doesn't shoot, call Tikka and give them a chance. I i have a T3 lite in .300 WSM and have it shooting 180g nosler partitions in a .620" group and it's repeatable with no work done to it. 7.5 lbs with my setup, not easy to shoot ( a punisher ), but it does shoot.

Beretta will look at it no questions asked for $70. If it's defective, I get back the $70. They want the rifle with the rings, they mount their scope for testing.

Let us know, what they find, as I'm VERY,.. curious !
Yours, would be, the 2nd Rifle that, I've ever heard of, that had, a REAL,.. "problem".
Good Luck, with your Kimber !

Last edited:
Try some 150 grain, Sierra Game Kings ( Federal ) AFTER,.. "going thru", the Rifle !
I'd take, an Hour or two and "Fix" it,.. before, sending it, to the Factory.
You might be,.. "surprised" and save some Time / Money, to boot !

I i have a T3 lite in .300 WSM and have it shooting 180g nosler partitions in a .620" group and it's repeatable with no work done to it. 7.5 lbs with my setup, not easy to shoot ( a punisher ), but it does shoot.
Put a muzzle brake on it and you'll love shooting that rifle. I have a Sako 75 in the same cartridge. It beat me up until I got a brake installed. Now it's a joy to shoot and my dedicated elk rifle. Shoots great groups, too.

Attachments

• 0CF860F6-7D9A-4256-9BEB-B0287DC83B8C.jpeg
    0CF860F6-7D9A-4256-9BEB-B0287DC83B8C.jpeg
    807.1 KB · Views: 12
As stated earlier - check the action lug first. I bet it's not seated correctly. Easy to do.
Try this ^^^ first and RE-Torque as noted by others THEN, look for, LOOSE,.. Mounts / Rings ( Loctite, them ! )
Clean Barrel and, go,.. Shoot ! Not that much,.. Time / work !

At this point, it's either a bad Z8, or the 7mm-08 caliber just is not accurate. I moved the scope to a brand new Kimber, and it's shooting as bad at the Tikka.

The I shoot my trusty .243's off the same sand bags, same conditions, and I'm making ragged holes.

I seriously doubted that, the Tikka was, EVER,.. the "Problem"
Send the Swaro Scope back, to the Factory for, repair.
Buy, a 4.5 X 14 Burris, have a Gun Smith mount it, "properly", check & Torque, the Recoil lug and GO,.. Huntin' !
My son's, Tikka in 7mm-08, shoots Sub, 1/2 MOA groups with, Berger 168's ( 3- 3.5" dia groups at, 500 Yards )
NOPE, I can pretty much, guarantee you that, it AIN'T, the 7mm-08, Cartridge that's causing, your problem's, either.

Last edited:
I made 2 changes: Mounted a Zeiss, Cleaned it really well, keeping in mind this is a new rifle, and only the 2nd range trip.
It's grouping much much better, not MOA, but Elk accurate. Probably 2" groups. It's certainly acceptable now for hunting.