Tikka Customs

OK so I went to the gun shop (covid activity) just now and saw for myself.

Tikka T3X 6.5 Creedmoor bolt pulled back to stop . . . .

Tikka 6.5 cm.jpg

Tikka T3X 300 Win Mag bolt pulled back to stop. Magnum bolt face diameter difference is also easy to see . . .

Tikka 300 WM.jpg

Magazines were all in boxes upstairs so I couldn't see them.

Last edited:

View attachment 191998

Tikka T3X 300 Win Mag bolt pulled back to stop. Magnum bolt face diameter difference is also easy to see . . .

View attachment 191999

As you can see less than 1/2 inch difference in short or long if you looked at the bolt release it is easy to change out too. So if you have a long action just keep it even if you go 6.5 creedmoor.

Last edited:
I'm looking at doing a sherman 7ss, I'm looking at a 7mm or 300wsm. What twist am I looking for to shoot those 195s and if I get a barrel made for a sherman 7ss I shouldnt need a reamer right?

View attachment 191998

View attachment 191999

The nice thing about what tikka calls a short action is it's more like a medium action. With a little fine tuning of the magazine, you can run longer than saami spec carts. My PRC runs flawlessly from the short action stop and a modified WSM mag. The long action allows for essentially for ICBM length carts. So yeah, sky's the limit!

View attachment 191998

View attachment 191999

Here is the difference. With a dremel/file and some patience, you can easily tune a short stop to desired length. Or just spend 35 dollars or so for a new stop.
896627D8-04B5-4D78-B2B5-73AB0418ACB7.jpeg

Not to hijack the post but I've seen some people build 28 and 30 noslers with tikkas. I'm wanting to get one built in 28 nosler too so would the 300 wsm work with the bolt stopped changed out for a change to 28 nosler?

Two questions on customizing a CTR, can somebody here tell me . . .

1. Could the channel on a factory stock from a T3x CTR be cut to fit a Sendero size barrel? It doesn't look like too good an idea to cut into the plastic stock (?)

2. Can a smaller mag (like the four round from a T3x Lite) fit the CTR, which comes with the 10 round mag?

Thanks in advance

Two questions on customizing a CTR, can somebody here tell me . . .

1. Could the channel on a factory stock from a T3x CTR be cut to fit a Sendero size barrel? It doesn't look like too good an idea to cut into the plastic stock (?)

2. Can a smaller mag (like the four round from a T3x Lite) fit the CTR, which comes with the 10 round mag?

Thanks in advance
Bad idea and not without swapping Bottom metal for std plastic lite bottom metal Etc.

Bad idea and not without swapping Bottom metal for std plastic lite bottom metal Etc.
The CTR is a haevier barrel that the T3 lite so it would depend on you Sendero barrel the 10 round CTR mag is not a big a magazine and doesn't hang down far. KRG Bravo makes a stock to fit the Tikka T3 CTR with the CTR mags now and that is what I will be getting because they fit nicely and don't hang down nearly as much. Plus it is a drop in.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts