TIKKA BOTTOM WHAT IS THE BEST AFTER MARKET REPLACEMENT?

SO I HUNT

looking at replacing the bottom part so I can use a different magazine. I have 6.5 PRC built so do I a long action for this? Im new to Tikka... Also this is the Tikka T3X.
thank you for your inpput.

I prefer mountain tactical, but these have all been bedded in upgraded stocks.

What magazine are you going to use? Factory Tikka long action, hells canyon wsm billet, mountain tactical? I'd ensure the mag functions in the desired bottom metal first. I purchased a billet bottom metal from high desert rifle works for a Tikka 6.5 prc build, but my hells canyon billet magazine never functioned in it.

I was going to try after market magazine, but not sure which one? 5 round one is my thought.

For the PRC, you won't really need to go longer than the "stock" magazines allow for long action cartridges. That said, both Hells Canyon and Mountain Tactical have mags that will fit the stock bottom metal (as well as real metal replacement bottoms) that are better, at least in the sense that they are metal, than the factory mags. If you want a higher capacity AICS type mag, then yes, Redsnake and Atlasworx are good choices. With all that said, the factory mags have never let me down. I'm using factory 30-06 mags for my 6.5-284. For the PRC you may need WSM mags, but don't sell the factory jobs short.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.