Tikka bottom metal options? flush fit aics mags?

bankbum

I have grown really bored with my factory tikka t3 7 mag lately and have been throwing around the idea of putting some money into it.
Knowing tikkas limited magazine length for long actions I have thought about swapping the barrel for a new 300wsm with a fast twist and buying a new metal factory style bottom metal and a couple billet mags.

Or buying new bottom metal designed for aics mags or similar. And going with 300 prc or 28 nosler or similar
This route bugs me though because I am not a fan of the extended mag look. I really like a simple lower profile or flush look.
So with this option are there any companies that make a low profile mag this style?

Not that I've been able to find, everything is going to extend conspicuously beneath the stock.
Mtn tactical makes an aluminum bottom metal and billet mag that fits the same profile as the OEM mag
In the tikka action length any of the 7short mags make the most sense; sherman short, sherman max, wsm, saum

Yea sadly I'm not finding anything. Ruger scout rifle 3 round mags seem to be the only option with modifications. Which I'd rather not do.
I do like the factory profile so the short mag route might be where I head. A 300 wsm chambered correctly shoot the 181gr hammer hunters is very appealing.

Since their single stack, center feed -a 2 round short mag would fit flush with the bottom metal
A 3 rd would protrude a bit. That sounds like a hammer indeed

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.