Tikka bolt question

Texas Republic

I have put my hands on a Tikka 22-250 and absolutely love the smooth bolt action. I am now looking into buying a 308 rifle with a Tikka bolt action. Possibly the TIKKA T3 TAC 308.

Are there any other smooth actions comparable to Tikka that I should consider?

Are Tikka bolts in other rifles besides Tikka?

Educate me please. :)

Let me first say that there's nothing wrong with the Tikka and they have the same barrel as a Sako. The Tikka has some plastic on them such as the magazines. The Sako's are manufactured from better materials.

So essentially the bolt and barrel are the same, but the stock and magazine are where the difference in price come into play?

I have 8 Sako's but no Tikka. I have handled Tikka's but can't remmeber all the differances. The Sako actions are super smooth but you should get to a gun store where you can compare SXS.

The tikka and the sako a7 are very comparable. The a7 has 3 bolt lugs instead of 2. Also tue magazine has a little different release etc.. neither have plastic. Its a very strong polymer. But th are great. I cant say i like my sako any more than my tikkas.

A follow up question for you guys. I am also thinking about going the custom rifle route and using a Tikka bolt. I have searched some, but cant seem to locate the "bolt" by itself to purchase. All my searches bring up entire rifles. Am I missing something?

Go to Accuflite web site to purchase Sako action or bolt, I doubt Tikka actions are sold seperatly.

Look at it like this....Tikka is Buick, very nice smooth dependable car. Sako is the Buick's big brother....Cadillac.

Another rifle to look at is Weatherby. IMHO the smoothness of a Mark V action is the standard by which all other actions are judged on smoothness. The short and faster bolt lift of the Sako's and Mark V's is like the iceing on the cake.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.