Tikka barrel rechamber

calib

Just ordered a tikka t3 for a build, but wanted to be able to use the factory barrel for some other round so I chose a 24" creedmoor 1:8 twist in stainless (thinking about a 6.5-300wsm punched out to the 7wsm shoulder or something similar)

I have a rock creek barrel in 6mm coming to put on this bolt face and will be running a round similar to the 6-06.

My question is, what 6.5 round for this 24" barrel? Not looking for a barrel life marathon, just a fun 6.5mm that gets there fast. Thinking the 1:8 will run 140's maybe heavier.

6.5 saum, 6.5 wsm, 6.5 prc want to keep in in the tikka mag. I am guessing the creedmoor mag I will probably sell and need to get the rite mag for the chamberings

Could be an option, would save me from getting another tikka, but at the same time that would keep me from getting another tikka and that may not be as fun.

Will need/want the magnum bolt face to test brass on saum, wsm, prc eventually.
On the standard bolt face ther could be a 6.5x285 barrel done eventually.
Since you have a standard bolt face, I'd suggest 6.5x284

I'd go 6.5 saum. Mine shoots excellent! Plus with the Tikka action, you can run LA bolt stop and magazines you can run whatever oal you want.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.