Tikka, Australia, and F-Class

Seth Short term there's a cheap way to help that plastic stock out quite a bit.

Get someone with router to take as much meat as they can out of the barrel channel. Then use Marine Tex or Devcon mixed with lead shot or steel filings from a machine shop and refill the BC with it. For additional stiffness you can also lay down a piece or two of 1/8" steel rod running the full length from the front to the barrel lug.

When doing this put a couple of strips of duct tape on the bottom of the barrel running the full length from the barrel lug to the end of the stock.

When you have that done just drop it back in on top of the epoxy and tighten your action screws. Let it get firm and then just trim off the excess with a razor knife.

Once fully set, remove the action, remove the tape and put it back together. You will have a much stiffer stock than before with additional weight in the forearm to help with muzzle flip and steadiness, and a completely free floated barrel.

It's worked well enough for me on some plastic stocks that I was going to replace I then found no need to replace at all saving myself literally hundreds of dollars.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.