Tikka 6.5

We get it. You hate the creed. How about just staying off the creedmoor threads until you can post something that's actually helpful instead of bashing. We can all agree it's not the end all thing. Bashing does absolutely nothing constructive with anything. I get it, your sick of hearing how great it is. Me too. I'm also sick of listening to people bashing something for no other reason than its extremely popular right now. Let's all get over it and move on.
For real. This dude has been here for like 3 months and hasn't really posted anything constructive. It's all just opinionated garbage like this.

For real. This dude has been here for like 3 months and hasn't really posted anything constructive. It's all just opinionated garbage like this.
I've been a member for 6 years actually. Funny enough you agreed with a lot of what I said on my old handle. I guess the difference in a lot of people of this forum and myself is I actually shoot. Barrels are easily replaced. It's part of the game. I put more bullets through real animals in a year than most in a decade. And then go serve felony warrants for murders and rapists. Oh well.

60 for 63 this summer on white tails. I've done write ups on ELDm, ABLR, ELDx, elite hunter Bergers, the whole 9. I test stuff from my Toes to 1,880 yards.

about a month ago we had a fella post a question about his bullets falling out of the case... I pmed him my address and he came over and I set up his dies for him on a custom rifle he dad built and has since passed on and left to him. I think his name here was glock19 or something To that affect. But you're right. 6 years in not 3 months. I havnt contributed.

If you're only poking holes in paper then yes I would have gone 243 or 6x47 or 6br etc. but your interest in energy says you'll be hunting with it. So yes I would lean towards the 6.5 to hunt with.

6.5 CM is an excellent target cartridge And small to med game I say it's acceptable.

Guess I better stop bashing and start saying things like this... oh hell... I'm quoting myself aren't I? @Jud96

Yep and a 6.5 CM can't miss either.

Stay away from the koolaid. 22lr have killed grizzly bear. Doesn't make it an intelligent choice. If I put a 6.5 CM in the last rib on a quartering away shot on a big bull I'd be wishing for a Magnum.

Why would you even take that shot? Know yourself, know your rifle, cardinal rules!

Why would you even take that shot? Know yourself, know your rifle, cardinal rules!
I would and have taken that shot not only on elk but also bear. But that was a 230 berger going over 3000 FPS at the muzzle.

I hunt to bring back the trophy and eat what I harvest. I don't go climb mountains and carry a $5000 set up to watch trophy animals walk away from me.

I would and have taken that shot not only on elk but also bear. But that was a 230 berger going over 3000 FPS at the muzzle.

I hunt to bring back the trophy and eat what I harvest. I don't go climb mountains and carry a $5000 set up to watch trophy animals walk away from me.

If, if, if, if I had a cannon I could have???

If, if, if, if I had a cannon I could have???
If you're insinuating that the rifle you're carrying has no impact on the shots you can take, Thats the most uneducated internet ninja thing I've ever heard. In no way is a 143 ELDx going 2900 equal to a 230 berger going 3055. On broad side double lung shots a 6mm will kill a grizzly bear with a partition. Rotate that animal 45 degrees and your $30,000 bear is gone unless you and hit his far lung at 500 yards. The 6mm is worthless. A big 30 or 338 will have that bear hanging on your wall.

I'll just say I am a Tikka fan.
Also a 6.5 fan. Have two Grendels in AR platform. A 260 Tikka, a 264 WinMag Sako and finally broke down and got a 6.5 CM Tikka because it was a steal. I guess you can say I drank the CM koolaid.

I know many don't believe this... but my 6.5CM kills Moose. My Moose was just as dead as the other guys shooting super-duper magnums...
When I lived in Alaska, out in King Salmon for three years most of the locals used old rifles in standard calibers for moose. Residents could hunt them in December on snow machines pulling sleds, makes it much easier then hunting the bogs in September. Anyways, lots of moose fell to 270, 30-06 even .243 rifles. Some used big mags if they hunted September, more for the bears than the moose. Personally after hunting elk all my life I believe an elk can take much more punishment than a moose. Moose rarely drop in their tracks but they are done for if you made a good shot.

If you're insinuating that the rifle you're carrying has no impact on the shots you can take, Thats the most uneducated internet ninja thing I've ever heard. In no way is a 143 ELDx going 2900 equal to a 230 berger going 3055. On broad side double lung shots a 6mm will kill a grizzly bear with a partition. Rotate that animal 45 degrees and your $30,000 bear is gone unless you and hit his far lung at 500 yards. The 6mm is worthless. A big 30 or 338 will have that bear hanging on your wall.
I also have a 6.5 cm love it for competition and shooting steel out to 1500 yards, I even bought a Ruger predictor that I want to use for Antelope and deer. For elk and moose I've got a 28 Nosler hand load Nosler Partitions. Only tacken one moose, 401 yards (always count the 1) lol went through with a exit wound the size of a baseball. Took a couple steps and nose dived. That being said I've killed over 30 elk with my 30-06 with only 2 that took 2 shots

Yep and a 6.5 CM can't miss either.

Stay away from the koolaid. 22lr have killed grizzly bear. Doesn't make it an intelligent choice. If I put a 6.5 CM in the last rib on a quartering away shot on a big bull I'd be wishing for a Magnum.
I second that! Avoid the CM Koolaid! It's a wonderfully accurate paper puncher not a magnum.

I also have a 6.5 cm love it for competition and shooting steel out to 1500 yards, I even bought a Ruger predictor that I want to use for Antelope and deer. For elk and moose I've got a 28 Nosler hand load Nosler Partitions. Only tacken one moose, 401 yards (always count the 1) lol went through with a exit wound the size of a baseball. Took a couple steps and nose dived. That being said I've killed over 30 elk with my 30-06 with only 2 that took 2 shots
Haha always count the 1. Every one counts!

I scouted a farm this evening For crop management through TWRA. The permit is being drawn up now so by the middle of next week. Another farm with multiple areas to do some management and get more practice out to 900+.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.