Tikka 3X Veil Wideland

mikeinlouisiana

I looking at this rifle in 300 Win Mag 1:10" twist. Comes with a factory muzzle brake. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with their brakes?
1594132165476.png

I have a new one coming in .308. I wanted the 300 win mag, but with the rifle being so lite weight, I was afraid of what the recoil might be. I know this doesn't help you, but will follow this thread.

well-- you'll never find the rifle in your OP for sale anywhere unless you re-barrel it ;) tikka only offers .308 caliber rifles in 1:11 twist, otherwise I would have bought a 300 wsm from them years ago
I saw that 300 wsm on comes 1:11. Glad they offer 300 in 1:10. Want to shoot 200 gr + bullets.

I saw that 300 wsm on comes 1:11. Glad they offer 300 in 1:10. Want to shoot 200 gr + bullets.
what is the part/manu number? I only see 1:11 on their web site

---oh I see it now, way down the bottom of the page it does show they have a 300wm in 1:10--up closer to the top of the page they show the 300wm in 1:11, and all the other 308's were 1:11--must be new----maybe a 1:10 for the WSM next year?

They are an ok basic brake. But with a very wide hole passage, to allow for the wide tolerances between the barrel thread and the brake thread.and also it is the same brake used on their 7rm, 300wm and 338 winmag.
It is Better than the anemic one supplied with the browning hells canyon. If you want a more efficient brake get a terminator brake or something similar properly installed.

No experience with tikka brakes. But every one I have ever had come to me to be sighted in, hand-load developed, bedded etc, they have all shot well. I don't remember any shooting a group that wasn't MOA or better at 200 yards. Most of them well under that. I would buy with confidence and stuff it full of 215 Bergers over rl23 rl26 or h1000.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.