Tikka 3x super light 7mm mag

Tagging, I also have a new tikka 7mm that I haven't shot yet. My plans are to try out Winchester's version of the 168 ablr, hsm 168 Berger vld and whenever they surface the federal 155 edge tlr...but will be a while before any results, still working on a scope

I'm in the same boat as you, I'm going to try the new Barnes 139g Lr x. Is Winchester ablr version just cheaper than nosler ?

Like Bfish22 is doing. Buy several different brands and bullets then see what your gun likes. It is not a one size fits all thing. Each gun is different.

I think they are cheaper, and I have seen the Winchester in stock. Haven't seen the nosler version in stock at my Cabela's anyways. My plan was to try these out, see if they shoot before I buy 7mag reloading dies. If none of these show promise, maybe rebarrel to 7mm saum which was my intention when I first bought the rifle

I reload and use Barnes TTSX's, however i have used the Winchester Deer Season XP's (140gr's) and they group about 3/4" all day out of my super lite.

My Tikka 7mm Rem Mag is not a Super Lite but a blued T3 Lite . I had used the Hornady Custom 154 grain Spire point loads in my Model 700 7 REM mag for probably 20 years and they shot under an inch and terminal performance on deer was amazing . When I got my Tikka I tried them hoping it would shoot them as well as the 700 did . It didn't like them at all . I tried the Hornady Precision Hunter loads and they were not very good either . Tried a couple other loads from Remington and Winchester with not great results . Finally tried the Fusion 150 grains and they were amazing - on paper anyhow . If I did my part , they would shoot a half inch 5 shot group . I hunted with them one fall and dropped them . Performance on deer was pitiful . I killed 3 or 4 with them and there was no expansion and no bloodtrails at all . Tiny exit holes . On a whim I bought a box of the American Whitetail 139 grain to try . They shot as good as the Fusion 150's so I have been using them two hunting seasons now . Performance on deer is amazing . I spent a lot of money on ammo to end up with about the cheapest load I tried . Long post I know but just thought they might be an option you hadn't thought of trying . Good luck

The federal 7rm 155 trl edge ammo is already out (I got an in stock notification from midway about 3 weeks ago)-- as far as I know the bullets for reloading are not yet.

I have a t3x SL 7mm. I have only shot the 162 eldx factory ammo. And it loves it. 1/2 at 100yards and never put it on b
Paper father out but it will hit 1moa rocks out to 850yards if I do my part. I love the rifle and combo.

How is the recoil on the new t3x? I have a buddy that has the older t3 (non x) and says the 7rm gets your attention , but I hear they tried to soften recoil on the new model.

My SIL picked up a second hand T3 Lite in 7mm Mag awhile back. He mounted a s cope and we went to sight in with some HSM 168 Berger loads. It shot bughole groups! Recoil like a 30-06. He killed a nice 5pt bull elk around 250yds with it. It humped up and froze first shot, so he added another. It dropped with both bullets exiting, lungs/heart a mess and golf ball size exit holes. He was impressed.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.