Tikka 308/243 bolt swap?

Can I swap bolts between 243 and 308 in a tikka t3x? Without a gunsmith that is

my basement flooded and the clean up company lost the bolt for my tikka t3x in 308.

My options now are to buy a bolt (in Canada I'm looking at 5-700 cad new/shipped) or I can get a new rifle for about $1000.

I've been contemplating a tikka in 243 for a long time. If I were to get one could I just swap the bolt back and forth?
Call the insurance company....part of the loss!

Can I swap bolts between 243 and 308 in a tikka t3x? Without a gunsmith that is

my basement flooded and the clean up company lost the bolt for my tikka t3x in 308.

My options now are to buy a bolt (in Canada I'm looking at 5-700 cad new/shipped) or I can get a new rifle for about $1000.

I've been contemplating a tikka in 243 for a long time. If I were to get one could I just swap the bolt back and forth?
The clean up company should now own a T3x lacking a bolt, having purchased you a new T3x.......or paid for new bolt properly headspaced by a competent gunsmith....preferrably Tikka or Tikka certified smith.

Thanks a bunch guys.
You folks really are amazing.
I'm going to have to think on my budget.

The insurance company said to pound sand. There shouldn't have been gun stuff for them to misplace to begin with apparently.
That's why there are attorneys. Sometimes a letter will resolve issues like this.
It's your house and you can have whatever "stuff" you want in it

I have had seneral tikka t3's that I have to replace the bolt on. Both had perfect headspace with no adjustment necessary. The Tikka has very tight manufacturer quality control. I would be happy to swap a bolt and know that it works properly. However, if you can get it checked with the correct gauges for piece of mind.

The clean up company should now own a T3x lacking a bolt, having purchased you a new T3x.......or paid for new bolt properly headspaced by a competent gunsmith....preferrably Tikka or Tikka certified smith.
Oh believe you me, the buggers aren't paying for half of what they owe.
I've got a custom 250btl wood wine cabinet, 175 bottles of >10yr aged beers, 100 springs, 2k loaded ammo, 30 lb powder, more than a few cases of primers, and a 2k chem scale that was all balls deep in sewage for a week. I'm 30k in the whole before I start counting.

They've blamed it all on there being guns in the house, [items] are guns, ammo, knives (can include kitchen knives) or anything that can be considered a threatening object 'usable as a weapon in any way, shape, or form'.
I'm even on the hook for city fines for their storage container they put on my lawn.
This is the end of the letter I got explaining why they won't pay for anything but the physical clean up and sub floor. .

"in area of work. As per our safety policy, work will not begin in the presence of [items]; [items] will not be recovered or have damage mitigated; work will be abandoned if [items] are discovered in any way or for any reason. No effort or expense shall be incurred by [on site company] for any reason regarding [items] or any other items or assets if, disclosed or undisclosed, [items] are housed on the property."

I've got a custom 250btl wood wine cabinet, 175 bottles of >10yr aged beers, 100 springs, 2k loaded ammo, 30 lb powder, more than a few cases of primers, and a 2k chem scale that was all balls deep in sewage for a week. I'm 30k in the whole before I start counting.

They've blamed it all on there being guns in the house, [items] are guns, ammo, knives (can include kitchen knives) or anything that can be considered a threatening object 'usable as a weapon in any way, shape, or form'.
I'm even on the hook for city fines for their storage container they put on my lawn.
This is the end of the letter I got explaining why they won't pay for anything but the physical clean up and sub floor. .

"in area of work. As per our safety policy, work will not begin in the presence of [items]; [items] will not be recovered or have damage mitigated; work will be abandoned if [items] are discovered in any way or for any reason. No effort or expense shall be incurred by [on site company] for any reason regarding [items] or any other items or assets if, disclosed or undisclosed, [items] are housed on the property."
Scum bag insurance company.

It's time for an attorney
Higher the one your best friends wife used to screw him, my ex's attorney isn't licensed in your country or i'd pm his number👿

Guys, he's in Canada. You know, the same kinda' place "Brandon" wants to turn the US into. A place that doesn't have the same stated Rights as we currently enjoy here, in the US. (That bolt knob on that LRI bolt has got to be the ugliest bolt knob made!)

Guys, he's in Canada. You know, the same kinda' place "Brandon" wants to turn the US into. A place that doesn't have the same stated Rights as we currently enjoy here, in the US. (That bolt knob on that LRI bolt has got to be the ugliest bolt knob made!)
That's a good point , but the knobs are changeable

The true cost of free liberalized healthcare. 😋

And yeah, its bad, really bad. I didn't like the original either so I picked up a couple threaded handles.

Rings/bases, bolt handle/knob, trigger springs... In that order for every rifle, every time. I'm not really a trigger snob but springs allow me to fiddle f@ck in the winter.

With the tikka t3x would will be able to swap the bolts with no issue. I just did a diy barrel swap on my CTR with a shouldered prefit barrel. No issues what so ever with the head space. If I can swap prefit barrels from two different manufactures and two different calibers with no head space issues. A bolt swap should be fine. If in doubt by a set of head space gauges and confirm

Thanks a bunch guys.
You folks really are amazing.
I'm going to have to think on my budget.

The insurance company said to pound sand. There shouldn't have been gun stuff for them to misplace to begin with apparently.
I'm sure you asked and they have to show you the policy specifics to support their BS.