Tikka 25/06

Not to many factory gun have a 24in barrel. Would a 22in be a deal breaker I do have a few tikkas and like them. Wouldn't waste $on Remington bad experience with them. So it would be tikka , browning , or Weatherby Vanguard. Browning and vanguard having a 24in barrel.

Not to many factory gun have a 24in barrel. Would a 22in be a deal breaker I do have a few tikkas and like them. Wouldn't waste $on Remington bad experience with them. So it would be tikka , browning , or Weatherby Vanguard. Browning and vanguard having a 24in barrel.
The weatherby vanguard would get my vote. 24 inch barrel and accurate

When I lived in Alaska, my gunsmith buddy used a 25-06 on moose every year. I had my reservations about that small caliber on larger game. I went with him when he shot a young bull. It just stood there at the shot. It seemed like five minutes passed (probably not), and then just tipped over. I would still use a .300 WM up to .375 H&H on moose, but I have shot a lot of deer and antelope with my 25-06.

Like others have noted... It'll be LOUD. And not enough bbl. to burn off all of the powder. Mine started off with a 25" and after so many rounds I had the bbl moved back so it wound up being a 24"
I lost between 80 & 110 fps.
Not sure i'd go 22"
My .02 cents

I have a left handed Browning X bolt. Mines 25-06. My wife's is 7mm-08. Both are sub moa with some groups at half moa.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.