Tightest group at longest distance with shooting stciks.

Regarding use of the quad sticks, I mentioned above the need to work on controlling the vertical.

I think I have it figured out so there will be minimal special technique required to learn and practice.

I simply added another "leg" which came from a Stoney Point (now Primos) system I hadn't been using. You can accomplish the same thing with any number of similar thingy's

Now there is absolutely NO vertical movement. The 5th leg is set on the ground forward of the rifle and you can slightly push into the whole system to "ground" the tip of the 5th leg.

I was able to easily "hold" on a 2 inch spot on my steel at 600 yards with no vertical jiggle. And of course the horizontal was already taken care of just with the quad sticks themselves.

This whole unit is now seriously capable at very long ranges! gun)

quad-sticks-4538-600.jpg

quad-sticks-4539-600.jpg

Regarding use of the quad sticks, I mentioned above the need to work on controlling the vertical.

I think I have it figured out so there will be minimal special technique required to learn and practice.

I simply added another "leg" which came from a Stoney Point (now Primos) system I hadn't been using. You can accomplish the same thing with any number of similar thingy's

Now there is absolutely NO vertical movement. The 5th leg is set on the ground forward of the rifle and you can slightly push into the whole system to "ground" the tip of the 5th leg.

I was able to easily "hold" on a 2 inch spot on my steel at 600 yards with no vertical jiggle. And of course the horizontal was already taken care of just with the quad sticks themselves.

This whole unit is now seriously capable at very long ranges! gun)

quad-sticks-4538-600.jpg

quad-sticks-4539-600.jpg
That's very similar to my setup. I use one of the old stony point long bipods like you have on the rear combined with the tall or short version of the Primos Trigger Sticks II tripod on the front.

With both ends supported in such a manner and the tripod on the front it's amazingly steady.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.