TIGHTEN PRIMER POCKETS, here's how.

Tired of loose pockets? I WAS but not no more!
http://forum.accurateshooter.com/threads/tired-of-loose-pockets-i-was-but-not-no-more.3862744/

A modified RCBS press mounted swager allows you to adjust and control the amount of crimp.
No more whacking your balls! ;)

I've used that method. Have you???? It's pathetic compared to the ball bearing method. Oh that's right..., you couldn't know. Because you don't subscribe to either method, and have never done anything much other than rely on the opinion of other equally inexperienced 'experts'!

If the 'experts' don't subscribe to this practice over on the Sniper's Hide, Big Ed don't do it.

If the 'experts' over on the accurateshooter forum were experts, they'd know what I know on this subject. But they don't, because they're internet arm chair experts that lay on the blather to make one another feel good. Oh Lord, Kumbuya... Let's all hold hands. I refer to that forum as the accurateloser forum. Their feelings are more easily hurt, and more quickly, than yours. Poor souls.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Last edited:
Lets see with the RCBS tool you can adjust the amount of crimp by adjusting the die. Have you used it?

And you can say your ball bearing method is "Hit or miss" by how hard you wack your balls.

And even Hart stopped making their tool because it doesn't make the primer pockets smaller. All it does is crimp the mouth of the primer pocket and you only get a few more firings out of the case. Have you used it?

Bottom line, if you want your cases to last longer then don't load hot beyond the elastic limits of the brass.

R W Hart Case Saver Swage for Large Primer Pockets $57.99 (Discontinued)
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/911104/r-w-hart-case-saver-swage-for-large-primer-pockets

If you had the skillz you could use the RCBS swager and mount a ball bearing to a shell holder. That way you would have more control over the amount of crimp rather than just hitting it with a hammer and hoping the crimp is the correct amount.
Who asked for your bottom line? Who are you preaching to?

What's your purpose in this Thread? You continue to criticize the practice of restoring primer pockets. Inconceivable you're here and tagging along to assist or help the members that choose to extend primer pocket life. Jekyll and Hyde?
Or does your ego simply demand you exclaim yourself the all-knowing expert?

If that's the case, it partially explains your trolling my posts. Learn some skilz...

If you had the skillz you could use the RCBS swager and mount a ball bearing to a shell holder. That way you would have more control over the amount of crimp rather than just hitting it with a hammer and hoping the crimp is the correct amount.

Too funny. Thanks for the giggle. Certain you're no engineer, because you lack conceptualization skilz too. Unable to project from design concepts to implementation failure.

Last edited:
Merry Christmas to me.

Received some 1" diameter ball bearings from Amazon. 10 for $8.69 with
free shipping thru Amazon. I only need one of them, but 10 didn't cost much more than buying 1 or 2.

They look huge compared to the 3/4" ball bearing welded to the steel plate base. Time for some more amateur welding.

The 8lb sledge hammer is included in the photo for the benefit of Big Ed. Knock some sense into him.

IMG_1372.JPG

Who asked your opinion, Big Ed?

You're opinions flow freely, yet remain absent of any useful information.

But how could you know? You just buy new brass. This thread isn't for you. Why not move on.

You like the fight until you lose. Then just petty.

Po soul. You're too easy. Better take the sidelines and sit this one out.

Merry Christmas to me.

Received some 1" diameter ball bearings from Amazon. 10 for $8.69 with
free shipping thru Amazon. I only need one of them, but 10 didn't cost much more than buying 1 or 2.

They look huge compared to the 3/4" ball bearing welded to the steel plate base. Time for some more amateur welding.

The 8lb sledge hammer is included in the photo for the benefit of Big Ed. Knock some sense into him.

View attachment 112076
Good deal, weld those suckers on before the earthquake and aftershocks start 'em rolling around. lol

Good timing! Anchorage just experienced an ~6.7 earthquake moments ago - for real.
Buildings being evacuated. Tsunami warning issued. No damage at my house, but I'm a bit motion sick from 90 seconds of movement. Some aftershocks still in progress. Rock'in and rolling.

Be awhile before we get accurate news reporting.

Boo boo hoo hoo... More petty whining.

You have major, big-time whiny skilz.

This thread isn't for powder puffers. Take the sidelines with your pea shooter and BB guns.

Let the big boys play here.

Last edited: