Tight chambering brass

Put one over the neck and measure the shoulder length of the offending case vs a fired case vs one that chambers fine.

According to my adjustable Wilson case gauge. They are sized as needed to fit my chamber. They are only tight on the leading edge of the belt.

The case gage is not your chamber. But since you obviously know what you're doing, good luck.

Another way to confirm that the problem is a "bulge" just ahead of the belt is to color one of the sticky cases with a black Sharpie. It doesn't take long to dry, and will clean off afterward with alcohol.

Once colored, try to chamber the case. When you extract it and inspect it you'll quickly see where it is sticking, and know what to do.

In case anyone was interested the Belted magnum collet die solved my tight chambering issue. If you have a belted magnum and full length sizing isn't solving your tight fitting brass. Try the die mentioned above.

Thank you. I have seen the belted magnum collet die and was wondering if someone could confirm it would correct my issue.

I bought that die and it showed me that I had several cases that were slightly bulged above the belt. I use a Forester press and was unable to get all the way down to the belt. I love the die and the man that sells them is a great guy-full of information but it did not help with my problem.

Goodluck.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.