Tics, yeah I know but it bears repeating.

I have been dealing with Tics here in VA for years. Purchased my first pair of Bug Skinz about 15 or 20 years ago. They used to keep the tics off but you still needed to be watching for them all the time. The last 2 years we have been wearing the spandex and soaking our clothes in a solution of Martins 10% permethrin. 6 ounces in a gallon soak everything and dry flat. Every tic I have seen since has been wobbling like it was half dead. We've got the little ones with the white spot and the brown one. Some are so small you cant hardly see them.

We would come out of the woods before and there might be 20 or 30 on us. Get chiggers for the first time and you wont worry as much about tics. I have not had chiggers since using the solution above either.

One soak looks like it will last the whole season.

Bug Skinz and Permethrin works.

Good luck and shoot straight y'all

We have tics heavy in the area I turkey hunt on the east slopes of the Cascades. I had to have one cut out one year that I missed on the tic check. It was burrowed in deep. I had to have a round of antibiotics afterward.
I have used Permethrin spray for the last 6 or so seasons and haven't had one on me since. I put it on my pack , hat and clothes.

Thankfully we have a short tic season here where I'm at. It was still snowing last week, and the mountains are still white. Ours don't get the chance to start biting until about late June.

Just wanted to add was at my local public hunting land on standby for turkey this AM and there were 10 of us in the ranger office and 3 guys said they had contracted Lyme's disease in the last year from ticks while turkey hunting. Two while hunting in my home state one down south out of state. Not very comforting odds at 30% rate of contraction.
The one guy's family MD took considerable convincing he had contracted Lyme's disease as he felt it wasn't prevalent enough in his area where he hunted to be even remotely possible to get it and he needed to basically demand his blood be drawn and tested. Sure enough a few days later he got the "call" that the disease that no way he could've contracted he in fact had. Thankfully caught it very early and a several rounds of antibiotics later and he was OK.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.