Thunder@1400 yards

[ QUOTE ]
The ADL stock is a bit stiffer, thus better for smaller groups if bedded and tuned accurately.

[/ QUOTE ]

Roy,

Could you expound on this principle please?

James

sorry for that retarded question. at first i thought you said adl .270 so i figured that was some form of a wildcat. so you think the .270 is comparable to the .338 lapua?

Chawlston,
The reason Roy said that is because ADL stands for Action Drop Load, and BDL stands for Bottom Drop Load. So BDL has and opening at the bottom that will not allow it to be as stiff as the ADL.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The ADL stock is a bit stiffer, thus better for smaller groups if bedded and tuned accurately.

[/ QUOTE ]

Roy,

Could you expound on this principle please?

James

[/ QUOTE ]

Eaglet stated it pretty well.

I figure more wood more firmness and because cause Kirby says so.

I'm really to a good enough of a shooter to tell the difference but all my rifles are rem 700s, single shot in an ADL stock. Some with the mag well filled.

The rest of my stocks will not have a mag well at all.

Thats what i wanted to hear /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif sorry if i sound like a sissy asking all these questions about recoil. I just dont want to drop the 5k in a rifle scope combo and not be able to shoot it.

If the action is bedded to the stock properly, and the action is secured into the stock properly along with a floated barrel, how is one shooting more accurately than the other due to the magazine well being present with or without the drop port? I always thought the reason to bed the action and float the barrel was to eliminate stock influences on the accuracy of the platform.

I have two actions of the same manufacturer and both have the same stocks, barrels, triggers, scopes, scope rings and even the same color. One is glued in with a solid bottom and the other is a repeater version. The repeater version is much more accurate when shot side by side at 400 yards on sight-in days.

I personally think the accuracy differences are due to the difference in the accuracy of the barrels vice the magazine wells........ At least on my setup

James

Well, let me just rush out and get me a big chunk of balsa wood to make me a stock out of. I also better demand my money back on the Nesika M being as it doesn't have a big ole long hole cut in the bottom.

I have been wondering why I don't ever win any 1000 yard benchrest matches. My guns just aren't flopping around and flexing enough.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.