Three down this weekend.

Ohlongarm

One with the 17 hornet, two big males with the Franchi bottomland 12 gauge two males called in coyote pups distress, the small one got hit at 75 yards with a 15 grain Hornady NTX, exited her neck and left a ginormous blood stain, wicked little pill @ 3870 fps. The two shotgunned at 60 yards were shredded pretty good with an Apex 3.5 inch 12 gauge load of # 4 Tungsten shot 2.5 ounces to be exact, check out how messed up their fur is when they got rolled DRT, very pricey but effective @ $16 a round. Took this chicken killer down also 22 CCI velocitor head shot , good riddance. Fun weekend, critters moving yesterday 90 degrees today 55 degrees gets em moving.

Attachments

• cy1.jpeg
    cy1.jpeg
    235.1 KB · Views: 305
  • cy2.jpg
    cy2.jpg
    349.7 KB · Views: 274
  • cy3.jpg
    cy3.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 276
  • red fox.jpg
    red fox.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 269
Last edited:
AWESOM!!!!!!!!!!!
Great hunting!
$16.00 per round. Would be cheaper to shoot Gold!
we don't shoot 3 1/2" 12gauge, but have a case or two of 3" 12 & 20 Gauge Hevi Shot and other non lead Geese/Duck/Turkey loads". Could use for Yotes. After all these years still have not hunted Yotes with a Shotgun. Will have to try it. At least have plenty of Shot shells that were really cheap compared to today prices.
Just setup the chair outside the garage and Night - Coyote rig to possibly get some Armidillos tonight. Rain is moving in so they should be out in our yard. Depends on how long I stay up.

AWESOM!!!!!!!!!!!
Great hunting!
$16.00 per round. Would be cheaper to shoot Gold!
we don't shoot 3 1/2" 12gauge, but have a case or two of 3" 12 & 20 Gauge Hevi Shot and other non lead Geese/Duck/Turkey loads". Could use for Yotes. After all these years still have not hunted Yotes with a Shotgun. Will have to try it. At least have plenty of Shot shells that were really cheap compared to today prices.
Just setup the chair outside the garage and Night - Coyote rig to possibly get some Armidillos tonight. Rain is moving in so they should be out in our yard. Depends on how long I stay up.
I've got quite a few rounds of this enough to slay quite a few varmints works well, Apex however is the best of the lot, however I never failed to drop a yote with any of the aforementioned or shown here. I use a Carlson's, and Buck kicker choke tubes. Furthest coyote DRT was 76 yards.
Look a the one coyote closest to the tailgate he was shredded from ahole to elbow, got hit with a 3.5 in 12 ga Winchester #4 buck 54 pellets.

Attachments

• bs.jpg
    bs.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 121
Nice work! That cold front arrived here this evening to cook off the 90+ deg temps the past couple days. I would bet they are moving tonight for sure. Thanks for sharing what call you used. Thinking fawn distress will start to be a pretty good call around here given the time of year.

Nice work! That cold front arrived here this evening to cook off the 90+ deg temps the past couple days. I would bet they are moving tonight for sure. Thanks for sharing what call you used. Thinking fawn distress will start to be a pretty good call around here given the time of year.
Fawn distress soon also , around mid June, call in quite a few deer with that one also.

Tungsten is interesting I've never shot it we used steel and still the old lead shot in #4 buck shot in our 12 gauges from the plane and helicopter . Then when we went to the #4 shot because we had problems finding #4 buck shot I noticed a big difference in it's take down abilities so I ended up using two rounds just to make sure . With the heaver weight of the tungsten pellets I would think they would travel farther with more lethal knock down power . Have you noticed any harm done to your barrels or choke tubes with the harder tungsten although a choke is a consumable component I still have a budget to live on .

Like you I use my sounds according to the time of the year and tend to use some of them sparingly so that I have a reliable sound when I need to take an animal that is being a real problem . But then that's me and it wasn't just all about the fun , it was a job to be done .

Hevi-shot has never harmed or left any mark on my Benelli barrel or tube. But I can't speak to tungsten. Killed one with #4 Magnum lead, but he was close. Killed a few with Hevi-shot while Turkey hunting.

My guess is that #4 lead is good and Hevi-shot in larger sizes is great.

Tungsten is interesting I've never shot it we used steel and still the old lead shot in #4 buck shot in our 12 gauges from the plane and helicopter . Then when we went to the #4 shot because we had problems finding #4 buck shot I noticed a big difference in it's take down abilities so I ended up using two rounds just to make sure . With the heaver weight of the tungsten pellets I would think they would travel farther with more lethal knock down power . Have you noticed any harm done to your barrels or choke tubes with the harder tungsten although a choke is a consumable component I still have a budget to live on .
I shoot a Franchi bottom lander in Cerakote ,rotating between a Carlson's , and a Bucks kicker choke tubes dependent on what shot is being used, no discernible damage to either gun or chokes. tungsten is the best by far beats anything, 70 yards is doable anytime.

Hevi-shot has never harmed or left any mark on my Benelli barrel or tube. But I can't speak to tungsten. Killed one with #4 Magnum lead, but he was close. Killed a few with Hevi-shot while Turkey hunting.

My guess is that #4 lead is good and Hevi-shot in larger sizes is great.
Tungsten is the best Hevi Shot is tungsten, Hevi shot is $10 a round, Apex tungsten is $16. Both get it done.

One with the 17 hornet, two big males with the Franchi bottomland 12 gauge two males called in coyote pups distress, the small one got hit at 75 yards with a 15 grain Hornady NTX, exited her neck and left a ginormous blood stain, wicked little pill @ 3870 fps. The two shotgunned at 60 yards were shredded pretty good with an Apex 3.5 inch 12 gauge load of # 4 Tungsten shot 2.5 ounces to be exact, check out how messed up their fur is when they got rolled DRT, very pricey but effective @ $16 a round. Took this chicken killer down also 22 CCI velocitor head shot , good riddance. Fun weekend, critters moving yesterday 90 degrees today 55 degrees gets em moving.
If your able to reload shot shells buy a Couple of packs of .177 BB,s and mix up a duplex load with number four lead. Cheaper and very lethal.

The spent casing goes out the window of the plane or chopper you don't get to reload them . When you go out for a full day over snowy ground and get 15 to 25 coyote in a day that's a lot of money on shells but not nearly as much as the plane or helicopter costs to operate . Not to mention so much of the country isn't really suitable to do that type of control work so it's done on the ground and at closer ranges then normal for me but shot guns are still interesting and used here . I just haven't used tungsten shot but have done a lot of machining of steels with it so wondered how it affected the barrels and chokes . Thank You for the information .