Thread Pitch for X-Bolt Hell’s Canyon Speed 300wsm

twt17

Just picked up a Hells's Canyon in a 300wsm. When I got home I tried to replace the muzzle break with a Silencer Co ASR for one of my cans and it didn't fit. I assumed it would be a 5/8x24 thread pitch but I was wrong. Does anyone know what the thread pitch is on this rifle so I can get the correct ASR break? Browning's website wasn't helpful. Thanks in advance.

Just picked up a Hells's Canyon in a 300wsm. When I got home I tried to replace the muzzle break with a Silencer Co ASR for one of my cans and it didn't fit. I assumed it would be a 5/8x24 thread pitch but I was wrong. Does anyone know what the thread pitch is on this rifle so I can get the correct ASR break? Browning's website wasn't helpful. Thanks in advance.
I've had a few xbolts with muzzle brakes but I never tried another brake. I'm almost certain it's a metric thread. Maybe someone a little more enlightened will chime in soon.

Thanks for the replies...

After thinking it over, I think I'm just going to have the barrel cut down and rethreaded. I don't want to take the chance of having tolerances (or the lack there of) stacking up by using a bushing or thread adapter.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.