Thoughts on the CA modern precision rifle?

middleofnowhere

It’s still pretty new. I think one of the guys over on rokslide got one to test.

My buddy has a CA long range mesa on the way, I was really shocked he didn’t go with the precision rifle because he obsesses so much with AR’s.

odoylerules

Anyone else? I’m interested in potentially getting one from them, but I’d love to hear first hand experiences.

Litehiker

I would rather, by far, have a Proof Research barrel on a 3 lug (Rem. 700 compatible action) in a stock or chassis of my choice. The Nucleus action is my first choice of this 3 lug bolt style with a Remington 700 footprint.
Choosing a PR barrel is because I much prefer the way Proof Research winds their graphite strands onto the barrel with a "Maypole" style overlapping diagonal web that is THE most uniform way of doing this. Plus PR uses Bartlein barrels.

As you can guess, I do not prefer either the Christensen Arms or Proof Research 2 lug bolts. But if I had to choose a ready-made rifle with a CF wrapped barrel it would be a Proof Research rifle for the reason stated above.

Eric B.

Prwillard2

It’s still pretty new. I think one of the guys over on rokslide got one to test.
Hope it's not the same guy who was on Sniper's Hide. He couldn't shoot for **** and was bagging on the MPR.

Christensen guarantees sub-moa in their rifles, so I'd expect those results or better. One of my buddies bought one in 6.5 Creed and loves it.