Thoughts on preferred barrel blanks barrels with 5 r rifling

There's a thread about them over on snipers hide. Overall, seems like pretty positive feedback with a few hiccups mixed in.

I have had very good luck with them. My last barrel was Remage 300 WSM 26" med palma with spiral fluting that I asked for short throat SAAMI that worked out perfect. Loves 166HH <1/2 MOA. Shoots other bullets almost as well. Cleans easy, nice finish.

Just ordered another Remage 1:8 twist .270Win 27" light Palma so guess I am satisfied.

I have had 2 other barrels from MGM as well that shot great.

Not that can be reasonably measured. The 5R benefit is how the rifling engages the bullet opposite the grooves. The bullet is thought to be better supported traveling down the barrel.

I have had very good luck with them. My last barrel was Remage 300 WSM 26" med palma with spiral fluting that I asked for short throat SAAMI that worked out perfect. Loves 166HH <1/2 MOA. Shoots other bullets almost as well. Cleans easy, nice finish.

Just ordered another Remage 1:8 twist .270Win 27" light Palma so guess I am satisfied.

I have had 2 other barrels from MGM as well that shot great.
What action did you put the 300 WSM in?

Bluejay: 700 SA which is why I needed to go short throat since max COAL is 2.90 in my AICS for reliable feed. The shorter throat helped manage jump. But with 166 HH that goes away.

I've got a 25creedmoor barrel on order from them with the 5r. I'll try to remember to post back here when I get it shooting. Glad to hear good results from members here !

Recent Posts