Thoughts on Meopta ZD

ejolsen1

Looking to see if anyone has had experience with Meopta ZD 4-16x44 RD.

I have seen several Meopta hunting scopes and all seemed very high quality but have not looked through the tactical version.

This would be for a 6.5-285 build and targets to 1000 yards.

I've got one on a tikka master sporter. Glass is fantastic. I just wish that the turret matched the reticle mil/mil or moa/moa would be nice. 47moa worth of total adjustment isnt that great. How much. Do you need to get to 1k?

It should be around 25. I have a 20 moa rail which I believe should give me enough (Please correct me if I am wrong, still new to this).

It also looks like the new model is in 0.05 mil clicks but other websites have it at .25 moa. Anyone know which is correct (I am assuming the company website)

The price is a little over $1000. Is there other scopes that would be a better option in this price range?

I have a new Meopta ZD 4-16x44 RD in my hands. Just started to evaluate it. Clicks are 0.05 mrad on both elevation and windage. This scope has very high contrast. The reticle is very fine - excellent for target shooting. Can't say much more until I've run it through a few more tests. Feel free to ask questions.

FYI, HighPowerOptics is now a Meopta Authorized Dealer. Contact me about special deals for LRH members.

Hi,

I also have Meopta ZD 3-12X50 RD and ZD 4-16X44 RD. The class is very good in both. The 50mm is good for lowlight hunting as well. Only thing about the 50mm is that it lacks paralax adjustement. These both are for low recoil platforms in my opinion, since eye relief is marginal on both for the heavy calibers. Meopta is one of the best quality class producers in the world. Very popular in Europe.

Im new with rifles and scopes.
Just bought meopta zd 6-24x56 and shot it in to 0/100m.
Only

weird thing is that 0/100m is on elevation turret 2 / 0.
Any 1 know what to do, to get 0 actually to 0?
Rifle is tikka t3x ctr in 6,5 creedmoor

Last edited:
This is what i mean

Attachments

• C4D5FA92-32E0-4709-A8E5-90738EF179C1.jpeg
    C4D5FA92-32E0-4709-A8E5-90738EF179C1.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 108
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.