thoughts on making a carrying case for a tripod/shooting stick

wildcat westerner

Hello, As I am gaining confidence in using this Deathgrip tripod shooting stick, I want to transport it with me efficiently. I can see creating a light, strong quiet tube with straps that would sling over my shoulder, with velcro attachments so it would also adhere to my backpack. Thus, this combination should make for simpler, more efficient transport. I can see creating a top that will open easily so the device can be readied quickly for a shot. I find nothing on the Internet that is meant for walking and transporting this tripod, and also leaving both hands free for scrambling about.
Someone inventive has got to have come up with such a device. If I am going to take the time to create such a carrying case, I wish to do it correctly the first time so it will accomplish the task and make this shooting stick well worth the time and effort to walk longer distances and not having carry it with one arm, thus making balance in tricky situations precarious. Has anyone out there come up with an answer for this challenge?
Thanks in advance for any insights you may wish to give me in this regard.

WW

Hello, As I am gaining confidence in using this Deathgrip tripod shooting stick, I want to transport it with me efficiently. I can see creating a light, strong quiet tube with straps that would sling over my shoulder, with velcro attachments so it would also adhere to my backpack. Thus, this combination should make for simpler, more efficient transport. I can see creating a top that will open easily so the device can be readied quickly for a shot. I find nothing on the Internet that is meant for walking and transporting this tripod, and also leaving both hands free for scrambling about.
Someone inventive has got to have come up with such a device. If I am going to take the time to create such a carrying case, I wish to do it correctly the first time so it will accomplish the task and make this shooting stick well worth the time and effort to walk longer distances and not having carry it with one arm, thus making balance in tricky situations precarious. Has anyone out there come up with an answer for this challenge?
Thanks in advance for any insights you may wish to give me in this regard.

WW
Why not carry it like this on a pack?

7A988DC2-AA87-4D84-8FA3-2454E2C25B91.jpeg

Thanks guys, these are good insights. I will be transporting mine in the correct length for me to use in the field, assuming seated position. I am just making progress on using this device properly to attain long range accuracy and have started to build a leather transporting case. I like the cover over the top of the device to protect it from weather. I used to be a Senior member of the P&Y club and appreciate the pinch type of fasteners, but they are a little too noisy for me, in the case of quick, close deployment of this device. I do appreciate your time and insights.

WW

Recent Posts