Thoughts on Grayboe and HS Precision

I have had several of both greyboe and HS Precision. I don't like the shape of most of HS Precision stocks, though their vertical grip stock isn't bad. I really like the ergonomics of the greyboe terrain stock, I've owned three and currently own two. I'm also the guy who's greyboe stock broke at the wrist. It definitely should not have broken. The sling swivel popped out of the flush cup when I swung the rifle up onto my shoulder. The rifle fell from my shoulder and hit muzzle first in the prairie dirt. For a second I was actually really confused as to why I was holding the sling at my shoulder but felt no weight on my shoulder. Then I felt the rifle hit the ground. The stock split in half right on the rear pillar. I've had three different rifles fall off my shoulder and hit the ground like that for three different reasons. One was a slick leather sling that slid off as I was climbing over a rise, the other was a plastic buckle that just snapped for no reason and third was the flush cup that i mentioned. This was the first time part of a rifle broke. The other two incidents were with different rifles one in an HSP stock and the other was a McMillan.
I don't know why the greyboe stock snapped but it did. For what it's worth they sent me a new stock to replace it.
glad to hear they stood behind it
is that a dark gray foam filling, or some other internal filling in that greyboe? That's the closest I've seen to a "cross section" of one--just wondering on internal construction of all these lightweight stocks

glad to hear they stood behind it
is that a dark gray foam filling, or some other internal filling in that greyboe? That's the closest I've seen to a "cross section" of one--just wondering on internal construction of all these lightweight stocks
I would not call it foam because it's not as porous as other stock filling foam. If you look close you can see glass fibers are impregnated throughout the filling.

I own a Grayboe, HS precisions and Bell and Carlson stocks. They are all very good. The Greyboe is getting a bedding job as we speak. While I like them all, the HS Precision is my favorite.

I would not call it foam because it's not as porous as other stock filling foam. If you look close you can see glass fibers are impregnated throughout the filling.
good to know, thanks --it didnt really look like some of the Styrofoam fillers Ive seen in other stock before

I decided to buy a stock from a fellow member. I went with a Grayboe Terrain left hand. I also bought a Hawkins precision BDL bottom metal. The picture isn't the best.

Attachments

• DB4AC418-4078-490E-A7DE-28937E525411.jpeg
    DB4AC418-4078-490E-A7DE-28937E525411.jpeg
    855.2 KB · Views: 129
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.