Thought I had some issues

bstomper

Yesterday I went out shooting with my 6.5 creedmoor and there were some funny things that seemed to be happening with the bullet impacts. Shot out to 851yards hitting the gong on only a few occasions. I thought it was real strange because last time I was out I did so well with a 5" group at 998 yards. It just seemed that I couldn't miss the targets that day which was not the case yesterday. So I decided go out today and to verify the bullets were still grouping well. The below is a 3 shot group at 100 yards. I then verified it at 841 yards. This group was shot from my shooting bench on sand bags because I am much more comfortable and steady with that set up. Long story short it wasn't the bullets or gun at all. I had to be all the shooter. It's crazy how shooting can change that much from day to day. I guess it boils down to practice practice practice.
1609267415145.jpeg

Last edited:
Practice is key, however, focus and concentration play a huge role, my dad called it "being in the zone" Lol. If you aren't in it you just aren't, it happens from time to time.

Follow through is the key, so whether your jerking the trigger, closing your eyes or lifting your head trying to see the impact, it'll mess it up. When you are following through with the shot you already know when its a hit before you even hear the metal bang, unless you get a sudden wind gust that messes up your shot.

I dry fire quite a bit with snap caps and I sometimes surprise myself with the crazy movements I make when I pull the trigger.

Stay safe

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.