Those hunting NE Wyoming

kraigwy

Again this year, our club, the Weston County Sportsman's Club will make our range available for any hunter who wishes to confirm their zeros after traveling to your hunting location.

The Range is in Newcastle. It will be open from 8AM - 5PM The 29th and 30th of Sept. There is no charge and targets will be available.

Thank you for this great offer. I won't be near the area but offers like this cannot go without thanks.
+1
Had the same offer for the Douglas range years ago and took them up on the offer.
Wyoming people as a whole are a great bunch of true Americans.

That's why we ar moving to Wyoming when I retire in 2 yrs, 4 months... but who's counting?
Wife grew up there and we have been going for 21 years.
Great gesture by the gun club.

That's why we ar moving to Wyoming when I retire in 2 yrs, 4 months... but who's counting?

In 1972 I left to spend 22 years in Alaska, only to find out everything in Alaska I went up there for was better in Wyoming. Couldn't wait tell I moved back. That was in '94 and never regretting the decision.

Who's Counting??? In '94 I was using DOS on my computer. I created a count down clock on my screen that listed the months, days, hours and seconds until I retired and could move back.

I would lose my mind watching that clock! It's bad enough now that we have committed to moving. Worse... I can retire now, but milking it for a little better financial outcome since property is so expensive out there, compared to Missouri.

We didn't make it as we had a Region C mule deer tag and spend the day scouting public land before coming back to Newcastle and methodically closing out on antelope opening morning as we have done each time in our chosen spot. We did learn not to waste our time on Region C deer tag again, Newcastle public land for antelope is described as "difficult" but we never had an issue, but that description for Region C deer is an understatement. We didn't see a buck where we could legally shoot it several days hunting hard, the hunting pressure on public land shocked me for WY due to such restricted access.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.