Thors Hammer Thundered!

Gotta say, this was one if the best shots I have made. He came out of a swamp 230 yds and immediately kicked up a gear to fast pacer style walk trot. Got on him fast, tracked him, when crosshair hit front edge of shoulder, unleashed the 156HH 😂. He was about 240+ when I shot. Never adjusted elevation for 200 yard zero. He took off and disappeared about 200 yards into hedgerow. I was bewildered he didn't drop after 100+ yards. When I tried to pick up his trail, found nothing for 30 minutes. I was off the mark where I actually hit him by about 30 yds. Once I got blood, it was follow the yellow brick road! He was spraying for entire way! These bigger bucks just defy logic on how far they can go. It was perfect shot double lungs. He had nothing but bloody goop in his chest cavity. Seriously, its amazing how tough the bigger bucks are and how far they can go on nothing! The exit hole was about 3/4" and just crazy what was in his chest cavity, bloody heavy molasses type syrup is best description. He dropped in hedgerow just out of sight.View attachment 314677View attachment 314678
Great looking buck. Congratulations

Congratulations! That's pretty much a stud first buck. My first had antlers the size of your bucks eye guards! HAHA
Haha this was first with this new rifle build. I could wish my first buck was like this. My first was a crotch horn in Adirondacks maybe 55 years ago with Dad's 30/30 which I gave to my son.

Thanks. I thought that was a Magpul stock and a possible Remage set up. How do you like the stock??? Did you have to do any work to get the barrel/action to fit??
FYI, Grayboe stocks work really with with a Remage, no adjustments needed.
I am a big guy so the Magpul really lets me fit it to me. It was easy no mod drop in even with Holland heavy lug. The only issue I found is the trigger well may not allow Timney fit depending of model. I had one but would not fit right so I put a Triggertech in. Its a little heavy but I built the rifle for mostly field hunt in IN. The price point plus AICS if you want is a +. Full bedding is hard to beat. The only issue is I had is you need to be consistent in tightening and torque little extra. After season it will get bedding to solve everything but then again < 0.5MOA at 300 yds makes me want to not touch it.

I like the Grayboe but this was a min $ build to test the concept of .270 fast twist heavies.

I plan to build light version with carbon barrel, stock, optics so will be looking at different stocks to lighten up for sure.

No haven't weighed, afraid to know😂

Gotta say, this was one if the best shots I have made. He came out of a swamp 230 yds and immediately kicked up a gear to fast pacer style walk trot. Got on him fast, tracked him, when crosshair hit front edge of shoulder, unleashed the 156HH 😂. He was about 240+ when I shot. Never adjusted elevation for 200 yard zero. He took off and disappeared about 200 yards into hedgerow. I was bewildered he didn't drop after 100+ yards. When I tried to pick up his trail, found nothing for 30 minutes. I was off the mark where I actually hit him by about 30 yds. Once I got blood, it was follow the yellow brick road! He was spraying for entire way! These bigger bucks just defy logic on how far they can go. It was perfect shot double lungs. He had nothing but bloody goop in his chest cavity. Seriously, its amazing how tough the bigger bucks are and how far they can go on nothing! The exit hole was about 3/4" and just crazy what was in his chest cavity, bloody heavy molasses type syrup is best description. He dropped in hedgerow just out of sight.View attachment 314677View attachment 314678
Very cool buck! 2 beams on the left, wow. Congratulations!

Sweet Buck Brother!!

OK update!
Just picked up the TH buck! Turned out great!! Photos are at taxidermist. Wife said "last one"? Told her has to be 190. She said you said 160 last time and you got one. Guess I better plan. Holy cow! If I killed a 190 it HAS to be on wall! You never know in Indiana!
B813FE53-BD17-45EA-A9AD-732A09C01D36.jpeg
9E11E510-05DC-4502-8CB1-0AA47BC22F55.jpeg