Thor's Hammer 139 Sledge Hammer Strikes Again!

LongWalker

Wow. That hog dropped like it was a head shot. Working up a load with the 152gr Sledgehammer for a short barrel .308 and the 177gr for my 280 AI and that's helpful for that process.

Always great vids Zen keep 'um coming.

CVCOBRA1

Barrow for sure. I hope you kept more than just the back strap esp since you know his history.

Bill Cauley Jr

LRH Team Member
They are definitely better a boar no matter what you call them we always called them bar but I’m from Florida maybe it has something to do with your location

CVCOBRA1

Any "hog" show you go to has three classes. Gilt, barrow and boar. Whether that's 4-H, FFA or Open show.

CVCOBRA1

A Barrow is a castrated Boar, I never knew they turned them back loose
I didn't know that it was done either but I can see how and why. If you trap the piglets in a fenced cage at a feeder and the sow gives you no problem it only takes seconds to "cut" a boar piglet. There you reduce the breeding possibility and enhance the flavor when hunted later. Not my idea of pig farming but could be done.

ButterBean

LRH Team Member
I didn't know that it was done either but I can see how and why. If you trap the piglets in a fenced cage at a feeder and the sow gives you no problem it only takes seconds to "cut" a boar piglet. There you reduce the breeding possibility and enhance the flavor when hunted later. Not my idea of pig farming but could be done.
Well that makes sense I guess, I just figured they were like Coyotes, you don't let anything walk

Trending threads