Thompson Center Encore in .300 Win. Mag.--Shooting Small Groups

I looked at the Stratton hanger bar site, and this also looks interesting. I never heard of a hanger bar before. I may try the shotgun shell dampner first, and then go there next. Thanks for this too.
No problem buddy…. Mines shooting really good. This site has been super helpful for me in more ways than I can count. I'm generally a bolt guy and I like my semi autos but this TC has grown on me lately.

I have 4 Encore barrels and 4 Contender barrels. I thought that was a lot ! Lol ! How do you like that 460 20 in. Barrel ? Mine is a beast. I want to get a 26 or 27 in. MGM barrel for it. Braked. I have one of their 6.5 PRC 27 in. full bull with integral brake. It shoots very good. Also have a Bullberry Contender 24 in. bull with integral brake in 25 Bullberry that's a tack driver.

Both the 460 and 45-75 are great hog head knockers. A budget friendly Redfield optic has withstood the recoil. The only dislike about the factory Katahdin barrels are the forend screws. The recoil has been known to strip threads. I did this very thing on a 500. The fix was to have dovetail standoff adapters installed which allowed for a larger forend screw to be used.
This is not my barrel but similar to how MGM can repair.
View attachment 279367
That looks strong enough ! If I get a 460 barrel from them I will sure mention it. I wish they had made the Katahdin barrel longer. At least 24 in.
Thank you !

Recent Posts