Thompson Center compass

I went with the M Carbo target spring set up as the hunting spring left too much of a trigger pull. The 6.5CM I bought for the gkids is now down to just over 3 lbs and is nice and crisp. I hated the compass before the trigger spring change but now I would say it is a pretty good rifle and value for its intended purpose. Shots 1 MOA even with an inexpensive scope. It isn't like one of my customs but at about 1/10th the cost, the gkids have something to take out that performs fairly well and that I don't have to worry about getting scratched up on the ridge behind the house.

Do it. Its a great rifle for the price, very accurate. I would recommend getting the m-carbo spring kit. it takes like 15-20 minutes to upgrade the trigger pull. I killed a elk and a big 4x4 muley last hunting season with mine. Definitely recommend.
What caliber do you have?

I got one in 7 mag. Put a 10 dollar trigger spring off of ebay in it and a Harrell adjustable muzzle brake. So far with no adjustment to the brake the gun shoots 1/2 MOA 3 shot groups @100 with 243 recoil. I also put a target knob on it. I have less than $380 in it total!

I do know this about them-- check the trigger with a "drop test"--I tried to turn down the factory pull weight as described in the manual and I did get it lower, but it would fire with a 3.5' drop to the butt pad-- after the m-carbo hunter spring upgrade it dropped an additional 1/2 pound or so on trigger pull but now passes a 4' butt pad drop test--yes I have the "2nd" edition trigger with "counterweight" that is NOT affected by the recall

I do know this about them-- check the trigger with a "drop test"--I tried to turn down the factory pull weight as described in the manual and I did get it lower, but it would fire with a 3.5' drop to the butt pad-- after the m-carbo hunter spring upgrade it dropped an additional 1/2 pound or so on trigger pull but now passes a 4' butt pad drop test--yes I have the "2nd" edition trigger with "counterweight" that is NOT affected by the recall
I did the drop test on mine and it passed.

I have one in 270. It shot 3 or 4 different factory ammunitions into 1.5 moa patterns so I reload sledge hammer hunters and now it shoots .6 moa. Still have stock trigger.

So I have to give a positive review after shooting and now owning one. (6.5 creedmor). I reluctantly bought one from my friend, the whole time wishing I had just put that money towards something else such as a Remington or Savage.
I immediately installed the Mcarbo trigger kit...noticeable improvement .

Group pictured is at 100 yards, second group is after adjustments to Zero.
Gun shot a ragged hole .585" group with factory Remington ammo. If I did the math right is a .32 MOA shooter ?
Really pleased with results especially considering the amount of money i have invested
20191017_141040.jpg

So I have to give a positive review after shooting and now owning one. (6.5 creedmor). I reluctantly bought one from my friend, the whole time wishing I had just put that money towards something else such as a Remington or Savage.

Gun shot a ragged hole .585" group with factory Remington ammo. If I did the math right is a .32 MOA shooter ?
Really pleased with results especially considering the amount of money i have invested
View attachment 153613
just think, you could have spent 3 times the money for larger groups

Good shooting. I have a TC Venture in .223 it shoots like that. I love it. For a $400.00 dollar gun new out of the box, I do not think you could do better. What scope do you have on it. I, have a Redfield 2x7 on mine.

I bought one for 249.00. Put a trigger spring in to take it down from 7 to 4 pounds. I couldn't get the screws loose to drop the trigger pull down. Ordered the spring off of Amazon for 10.00. Put a set of Tally mounts and a Swarovski z3. My daughter is shooting a reduced load with a 125 ballistic tip. First group at 100 was under MOA. She will hunt doe this Saturday for the first time. I had a friend buy one at Sportman warehouse yesterday for 249.00. The stock sucks but this thing can't be beat for 250. I looked at a lot of YouTube reviews. Most prove it shoots.

View attachment 153613

I have one in 6.5 CM >>> https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/i-got-my-first-6-5-cm-for-20.201958/

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.