Thompson Center compass

DXHI

Hey guys who on here has one or has shot one. Looking for some reviews
Thanks

Hey guys who on here has one or has shot one. Looking for some reviews
Thanks
I won one in 6.5 Creed. It shoots almost as good as my Tikka 6.5 Creed and fps is the same even with a 2 in. Shorter barrel. The Compass is nothing fancy. Just a $350 rifle. I put a trigger spring kit in it . Selling rifle to friend. Don't need 4 Creed's. I just won a Weatherby Vanguard in 6.5 Creed. I'm sure it will be a shooter.

No animal will ever know whether it got hit by a bullet from a $300 or $5'000 rifle...the 2 I've seen on the bench shot as good or better than any factory bolt I've ever seen...for the money hard to beat...the new ones in cerakote are really nice

No animal will ever know whether it got hit by a bullet from a $300 or $5'000 rifle...the 2 I've seen on the bench shot as good or better than any factory bolt I've ever seen...for the money hard to beat...the new ones in cerakote are really nice
Haven't seen a factory tc compass with cerakote. The venture comes in weathershield coating or full dip camo

Do it. Its a great rifle for the price, very accurate. I would recommend getting the m-carbo spring kit. it takes like 15-20 minutes to upgrade the trigger pull. I killed a elk and a big 4x4 muley last hunting season with mine. Definitely recommend.

Do it. Its a great rifle for the price, very accurate. I would recommend getting the m-carbo spring kit. it takes like 15-20 minutes to upgrade the trigger pull. I killed a elk and a big 4x4 muley last hunting season with mine. Definitely recommend.
are you using the hunting spring or the target spring in your m-carbo kit?
we put the hunting spring in my kids and its still around 4 pounds, we may try the target spring after hunting season is over to see how much it drops the pull weight

are you using the hunting spring or the target spring in your m-carbo kit?
we put the hunting spring in my kids and its still around 4 pounds, we may try the target spring after hunting season is over to see how much it drops the pull weight
I did the hunting spring. I adjusted it all the way down to where I could still cock the bolt and it would fire and safety would work and all that. My buddy has a trigger pull gauge and it averaged at 3 pounds, clean and crisp.

Not sure if that's what you did but it might help a little more.

I did the hunting spring. I adjusted it all the way down to where I could still cock the bolt and it would fire and safety would work and all that. My buddy has a trigger pull gauge and it averaged at 3 pounds, clean and crisp.

Not sure if that's what you did but it might help a little more.
yup- same process-- some triggers come out lighter than others-- this one was almost 6 pounds with the factory set trigger, got that one down to about 5.25 -- I'm hoping for 3-3.75 pounds with the target spring as it's for my 12yo, dont like to go lighter that 3 with my kid

W
yup- same process-- some triggers come out lighter than others-- this one was almost 6 pounds with the factory set trigger, got that one down to about 5.25 -- I'm hoping for 3-3.75 pounds with the target spring as it's for my 12yo, dont like to go lighter that 3 with my kid
i hope it works out. With how popular the compass line is, I hope the aftermarket picks up a little bit. Lol.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts