This Should Make Some Heads Spin

I mean no offense but If you will take notice it took 7 pages for someone to finally quote your response on page one, Why you may ask? Because 99% of us disregarded your post as it had nothing to do with this discussion whatsoever so instead of turning it in to a dumpster fire on page one we made it 7 pages before the chest beating Needmoor crowd showed back up, Is the Needmoor a great round ? It Absolutely is but I don't care for it so when I see a new thread that says Needmoor I do not participate as I have nothing constructive to add to the thread, Once I mean no offense but it's reply's like yours ( and many others) that turn really great discussions into trash piles, I would also like to commend you on your very adult reply of "Neato" .............. Bravo Neighbor ................... Bravo

No disrespect but go pound sand dude.

I got a kick out folks pawning off 6.5CM as the end all be all to LR shooting. My post on page 1 was directed at the fact that I found it laughable that the 6.5 CM was even in consideration for one of the flattest shooting cartridges.

In the same breath, I'm not biased against any cartridge to the point I blatantly disregard hard proven facts regarding the abilities and limitations of any cartridge

im not sure what's worse, your so-called "needmore fan boys" or you and your little needmore hate group.

I ain't a part of either one so you do you bro. I'll do me.

No disrespect but go pound sand dude.

I got a kick out folks pawning off 6.5CM as the end all be all to LR shooting. My post on page 1 was directed at the fact that I found it laughable that the 6.5 CM was even in consideration for one of the flattest shooting cartridges.

In the same breath, I'm not biased against any cartridge to the point I blatantly disregard hard proven facts regarding the abilities and limitations of any cartridge

im not sure what's worse, your so-called "needmore fan boys" or you and your little needmore hate group.

I ain't a part of either one so you do you bro. I'll do me.
My words " Is the Needmoor a great round ? It Absolutely is"
Back to you

My words " Is the Needmoor a great round ? It Absolutely is"
Back to you

Ok. So what exactly are we arguing about then? I responded to a post in which an individual asked for facts regarding why I said the 6.5CM is superior to the 308 and I gave them

And then you chime in with your typical
"The numbers don't matter! go away with your facts" speech and here we are.

I'll agree with you on you on that tho. If you aren't shooting past 500, then you're exactly right. It doesn't matter, but thats also not LR shooting and I thought that what this was all about .

Let it go dude..

Last edited:
Lol. Easy there. It's not about grudges. It's about the numbers. Just because a caliber has been around for for a long time and you like it doesn't make it "better" than XXX caliber. It's just means it's older and you like it 😉

308's hold a special place in my heart. Was my primary weapons system for quite a few year and caliber of choice for a time after that, but facts are facts and the numbers don't lie. feelings aside. the #1 6.5CM is ballistically superior to the 308 in both trajectory, drift and energy on target at distance Recoil is less. As I said, the only con to the 6.5CM I see when compared to the 308 is barrel life. Hornady ammo shoots lights out, and is readily available. The 308 will
Bit slightly harder at close to medium distances but the CM retains its velocity better so it's gonna hit harder at the extended ranges.

Just because the 6.5CM is superior to 308, Doeant mean the 308 isn't good or that I have a grudge against it. Its iconic and a classic . Performance wise, It's just not at same level as the 6.5CM.

Yea, what's on paper? #2 that's called "science " . AKA undeniable facts. Sorry but all cartridges are not created equal. The Rifle, Shooter, ammo and optic are all part of the equation. don't care how good a shooter you are, your 223 ain't gonna cut it at a mile. Your equipment and its limitations matter, unless of course you never shoot past 4-500 yds and if that the case then none of it matters. Hold High and sling it as fast as you can.

And what I posted was in response to
Someone quoting me back from Page 1. So the topic is what it is
I'll agree with you on you on that tho. #3 If you aren't shooting past 500, then you're exactly right. It doesn't matter, but thats also not LR shooting and I thought that what this was all about .

Let it go dude..
#1 Once again absolutely nothing to do with this tread
#2 It's called "Physics" not science
#3 Long Range is not set in stone, what is long range to some is not to others, It's not for you to decide for anyone what is and what is not "Long Range"

Your original post was #8, Nothing had been mentioned before that or after that until page 7 of a 6.5 vs 308 comparison as it does not pertain to this thread but that's what set the Needmoor ball in motion So as you said "Here we are" Again
Have a good Afternoon

#1 Once again absolutely nothing to do with this tread
#2 It's called "Physics" not science
#3 Long Range is not set in stone, what is long range to some is not to others, It's not for you to decide for anyone what is and what is not "Long Range"

Your original post was #8, Nothing had been mentioned before that or after that until page 7 of a 6.5 vs 308 comparison as it does not pertain to this thread but that's what set the Needmoor ball in motion So as you said "Here we are" Again
Have a good Afternoon

*sigh* ok dude. You win. You got the last word. Hoping we can all get on with our lives now?

Enjoy your afternoon

Last edited:
This made my head spin….

7BE8E160-5DA3-4FA1-BDA0-6FF39F6B9C3D.png
3FE692C1-6772-4BA0-A2B9-64A8FF0FED10.png