This scope/rifle leveling thang

I have often pondered the best way to level the rifle during scope mounting. In the mystery to me thread some very good techniques were mentioned.
I was wondering, I know potentionly dangerous, if a action leveling device made to use the bolt lug raceways would not be a good tool.
If you had a piece of steel or aluminum approx the thickness and width of the bolt lugs long enough to reach the front action screw with a T shape on the end sticking out of the action to put your degree wheel or high quality level on and maybe a front action screw long enough to go through the action and hold it tight to the top of the raceway, would this be a good system to level the action.
I would like to hear the pros and cons of this Idea for I have often thought of building one. It would be very simple to make with some scrap plate and a torch,plasma arc, or even a sawzall. Let me know what yall think. Thank you:308 And a Merry Christmas to all!

S1 could you be more specific about what you mean. I don't mean to sound dumb,But what does the "line of force pulling the action into the bedding" mean in relation to leveling your action and then scope for proper tracking? Thank You for your time: 308

That makes perfect sense! Thank you and have a Merry Christmas! 308

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.