"This post has been moved"

JDJP

\"This post has been moved\"

Gosh I am so sick of seeing that crap when I click On a post. Some of you people need to look around, scroll down on the main page. If you bothered to do a little re <u>search</u> , to see if your question or topic has already been discussed/asked(in the case of something like "can I hunt with the SMK?) over and over again.I feel sorry for the mods here. I don't mean to sound like a jerk, But I think some of you need to be a little more respectful to the people who run this board, some of you make it a lot more work than it needs to be. For lack of a better word, Props to you guys, this board is great.
JD

Re: \"This post has been moved\"

JDJP

Thanks for your your concern...but now I have to move your post to the right place. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Seriously, JDJP is right that it makes things more organized if everyone would think for about 3 seconds as to which forum would be the logical place for the new topic. No big deal as far as administration effort, it's easy enough to do...but I am surprised how many are continuing to make wrong choices.

And you are right about searching. This new software is amazing to me in how good the SEARCH function is. So...everyone...please use it before posting your commonly asked question.

Thanks. You guys are great.

?????

JD great to have you on board but sheesh.. not a great entrance....Guys here are only human and make mistakes or I bet some here have very limited time to sit a reasearch before the wife or kids or someone needs their attention and it is easier for them to post and come back to see the answers... Honeslty I havn't found the ( e-mail notification ) button yet.. I like that feature.. It may be here but I havn't found it yet...

Ya know I had more to say but .. I'll bite my tongue....

Just a friendly note to help ease your frustration. There are times where the mods think a topic would be better suited to one of several suitable categories. For example I posted a question about which of the two bullets I have experience with would be better suited for a long range shot on a black bear. I posted it in "Long range hunting". It got moved to "Bullets, barrels and ballistics". It would fit in both but a mod wanted it a different one than I put it in.

Am I offended? No. Do I feel like I am not being courtious? No. Has this question been asked before? Well sorta but not with my bullet choices. So I figured the only bad question is the one unasked and I posted. No big deal.

I agree that some posts are obviously in the wrong spot and people posting here for a month or more should try to pick the right spot for it AND newcomers should be searching for almost everyanswer to their questions. I'm just saying that its not such a big deal that you should get more upset than the mods. Len lets us know when enough is enough. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Any way we could all get little gold stickers for posting in the right areas?

JordanM

Here you go... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I had to laugh when I saw that JDJP's post had been moved.
It's easy to tell if the post has been moved before you click on it. Just look for the arrow. On the other hand if you don't want to go around looking for it you gotta click on it and read this post has been moved and click on that. One extra click, not hard, and nothing to get frustrated about. Lots of people from all over on this board and some with little computer/board experience.

I definately like the new software seach function. I couldn't do a search on the old stuff without timing out unless I seriously restricted the parameters and that only meant more and more searches. The new stuff works faster and far better.

I second the kudos to the moderators. This is one of the friendliest boards I've had the pleasure of frequenting. Unless I get booted I think I'll hang here awhile.

Ric - unless I'm mistaken the email notification function is in your "my home". You have to add the topic to your favorite list ( check mark at the bottom of a reply ) and edit your subscribe/unsuscribe settings ( my home ).

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.